Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   G16 Upgrades ??? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=28449)

tedbbear59 01-25-2010 08:31 AM

G16 Upgrades ???

well i have a g16 lifted with 22s and wondering if doing upgrades one at a time
which one to do first and in what order ???

used ...
in campground
some offroad use
some mud

also what does what ...
4gauge gives ?
controller gives ?

wants...
little more speed
more torque
reliability
cost effective
most bang for my buck

Thanks Ted

Radicalgolfcarts 01-25-2010 08:50 AM

Re: G16 Upgrades ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedbbear59 (Post 347104)
well i have a g16 lifted with 22s and wondering if doing upgrades one at a time
which one to do first and in what order ???

used ...
in campground
some offroad use
some mud

also what does what ...
4gauge gives ?
controller gives ?

wants...
little more speed
more torque
reliability
cost effective
most bang for my buck

Thanks Ted

Start off with the 4g, then if you want you can go up to a 400a controller with the stock motor. Any higher amperage controller will mean that you have to go with a bigger motor.

sivart 03-02-2010 08:29 PM

I started off with the controller 700a from altrax,,huge difference.you also have to upgrade wiring,,i went to 00 welding lead,about the size of your thumb.then the solenoid went so i upgraded it to a 500a.after trying to climb some hills i saw i wanted more so i opted for a d&d high torque motor 13.5hp
after that i was in love with the way it would climb and the speed was also better.the beauty of the altrax is they work 36v or 48v they just have more speed and touque with 48v.with that being said then i upgraded to 6 8v interstate workaholic batteries.it will sustain 19mph and i havnt found a hill yet that will stop it.we use ours for hunting so i lifted it 9" with a jakes lift and put 25" tires on steel wheels.with all upgrades not including the price of the g16 i put about $2,200 extra in it.but its still cheaper than a yamaha rhino and i can out pull one easily.one more thing about the alltrax controllers,spend the extra money and get one that you can program with a laptop.it is very nice to be able to turn down the power when the kids ride it.

bhfear 03-03-2010 09:24 PM

Sounds Good, Post us some photos,

sivart 07-28-2011 09:57 AM

Photos in my albums

DBallin69 01-16-2013 01:04 PM

Is there anyway you can post some pics of your batteries so I can see what you have done to yours Sivart? I just purchased a G16E and it looks like someone had replaced the 1.86hp motor with a 3.5hp one. I am gonna upgrade to 4gauge cables 1st. Is there any other little tweaks I can do when doing that to get a little more torque? It has a 4" lift and 20x10x8 wheels on it now. Do you know if these motors have timing? I remember when I was into the electric rc cars you could advance the back of the motor some to get a little more power. Should I run 4gauge for the recharge wires to? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks