Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Need Advise on some 10 inch rims. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=137299)

Threewheelmotion 11-30-2017 08:46 PM

Need Advise on some 10 inch rims.

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys ! Got a good deal on some 10x6 oem aluminum club car rims. They have 205/50,s on them now but I need to put some bigger tires on them to make it look right in my lifted cart. What are the biggest tires that would fit. I want to go to some 20x10-10 or 22x11-10. Will they fit on the 6 inch wide rim ok ?

dundeebarnbuggy 11-30-2017 08:53 PM

Re: Need Advise on some 10 inch rims.

I would stick with a 9 or10" wide tire whatever height you choose. An 11 is REALLY gonna be pinched in on a 6 inch rim and will affect handling to some extent. Nice rims!

Rooster59 11-30-2017 09:53 PM

Like dundee said, 10" is the widest tire that should be mounted on a 6" rim. Even that is pushing a bit. There are loads of 22x10-10 tires out there from street only to mud tires and between. Good luck making your choice.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Threewheelmotion 11-30-2017 10:18 PM

Thanks for the advice fellas. So would a ten mess with stability or would it roll off the rim ? So would there be any risk involved or would it be solid ? Don’t want any risk at all since I will be rolling my baby around in it. Thanks so much for your advise ! It is much appreciated !

dundeebarnbuggy 11-30-2017 10:33 PM

Depends on the speed your cart is capable of. It is not going to fall off the rim or anything but you will feel a LITTLE roll/squirm if you try to corner at nascar speeds.:lol:

Threewheelmotion 11-30-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy (Post 1455102)
Depends on the speed your cart is capable of. It is not going to fall off the rim or anything but you will feel a LITTLE roll/squirm if you try to corner at nascar speeds.:lol:

Got cha ! Yeah I’ll be rolling 16-18 tops ! Don’t think I will have much to worry about then. Lol.

Springbok 12-13-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threewheelmotion (Post 1455105)
Got cha ! Yeah I’ll be rolling 16-18 tops ! Don’t think I will have much to worry about then. Lol.

16-18mph in an open golf cart feels alot like Nascar speeds to me! :mrgreen:

Threewheelmotion 12-14-2017 07:38 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It’s always something !!! I ended up getting 20x10-10 like what was on it. I don’t understand why I can’t just buy a part and it works ! Thought I was getting a good deal on these rims and know they won’t fit the front hub with out kncocking off the center cap. How in the hell did these stock rims fit on another CC. Blows my mind. This pic is with 5 washers on the studs. Looks like now I will have to get spacers and fender flares. I can’t even find fender flares for this year. So now I will have to buy for a newer year and fab then up !! While I am on a soap box. Looks like the tire might be out of round ! When I spin it looks like it isn’t right. Gonna get some spacers and deflate them a bit and see what happens. Unless y’all have a better idea....

Springbok 12-14-2017 08:18 AM

How much spacing do you think you'll need? From your pics it looks like you only need about a 1/2" more than what you have. Maybe remove the washers and get a 1" spacer. You might not really need fender flares for that small amount. And the reason you can't find fender flares is because of the rear body. On the older carts like yours there's a stock rubber fender flare bolted to the fiberglass rear body. On the newer carts (1993+) the bolted-on rubber flare was removed and instead they molded a flare into the body casting itself.

The reason they fit fine on another cart is probably because those wheels came off a Club Car Precedent, not a DS. That's my guess.

Threewheelmotion 12-14-2017 08:25 AM

Now that I think about it. You are exactly right, they care from a precedent.

. That’s what I’m thinking. 1 inch spacers should do the trick. I just started a build/conversion thread if you want to follow. I decided to do that instead of have multiple threads floating around lol.