Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Body and Paint (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Dupli color paint shop (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=40163)

silver06xe 10-22-2010 09:32 AM

Dupli color paint shop

Has anyone used the ready to spray Paint Shop from duplicolor? Is the paint any good?

blake80 10-22-2010 10:07 AM

Re: Dupli color paint shop

I USED IT TO PAINT THE PIECES THAT I MAKE FOR MY STEREO. ITS OK IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO THE T. IT IS BY NO MEANS PAINT THAT YOU WILL FIND A AUTO BODY SHOP USING, BUT FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE ARE DOING, IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD. JUST REMEMBER THAT PREP WORK IS EVERYTHING.

OH, AND USE A DESCENT GUN. I PURCHASED A PAIR OF HVLP GUNS FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY AND I RAN THEM USING DRY NITROGEN. I COULD NOT GET THE THE ORANGE PEEL OUT. THEY WOULDNT SPRAY A GOOD MIST. THEY WERE MORE LIKE SPITTING. I ALSO DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS VERY WELL.:lhmo:

blake80 10-22-2010 10:21 AM

I forgot to say that master66 is the man when it comes to painting. I talked to him when i was painting my stereo pieces and he told me what i was doing wrong. Get in touch with him if you need help.

silver06xe 10-22-2010 11:35 AM

thanks

blake80 10-22-2010 12:04 PM

Im going to buy a better gun and try it on the workhorse im working on for my brother.

DOOmsman 10-22-2010 01:04 PM

DRY NITROGEN.
That sounds like it would be very cold at the nozzle.

blake80 10-22-2010 01:38 PM

ITS NOT. WE USE IT IN HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING TO LEAK TEST AND GET NON CONDENSABLES OUT OF THE SYSTEM. THERE IS A COMPANY OUT THERE THAT MAKES A NITROGEN SPRAYING SYSTEM FOR AUTO BODY SHOPS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY ARE HEATING THE NITROGEN. I CANT FIND THE VIDEO OF A GUY PAINTING WITH IT, BUT, ITS UNREAL HOW MUCH FASTER IT ALLOWS YOU TO PAINT.

THE ONLY REAL REASON I SEE USING IT IS BECAUSE ITS DRY. IN HVAC WE CAN NOT HAVE MOISTURE IN THE SEALED SYSTEM. NITROGEN IS GREAT IN REMOVING MOISTER. SO THERE FOR, NO WATER.:thumbup:

I ALSO HAVE A SETUP FOR RUNNING SMALL AIR TOOLS ON IT. ITS GREAT OF SMALL TASKS LIKE LUG NUTS AND THINGS. AND ITS PORTABLE.:thumbup:

master66 10-22-2010 04:08 PM

Silver
I have not used that particular system but as long as you follow the directions and maybe get a tech sheet with it, or pull one up on line you should be ok. I will look in to it and let you know what I think if you would like. Blake is correct in saying that take you're time on the prep because that will really ruin a paint job no matter how good you are at laying paint.:mrgreen: