Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   3 Wheel EZGO 36v Electric Cart (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=10705)

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 06:06 PM

3 Wheel EZGO 36v Electric Cart

1 Attachment(s)
I have an old school 3 Wheel cart and need help. I do not know what year it is. The numbers I found on the plate are 780512 I55397 I am sure it is not a 97 and most likely is a 78. Here is my problem. I bought a new solenoid, but it was different. The guy said it would work with my 36v cart. It is so different that I do not know how to hook it up.

It look a like WR#120 series 36 volt 4 terminals silver contacts tower type w/angle bracket.

When I first hooked it up the cart would go forward and reverse if the F&R switch was put in F or R. I am talking no gas pedal being pushed. So I guessed I must have it hooked up wrong. On the bright side the cart seemed to have great torque when I did press the gas pedal. Not sure why I keep saying gas pedal since this is an electric cart.

When I tried to change the wiring, I am not sure what happened. The termial loop fried off of the resister. So if anyone has a diagram on how to wire this type of solenoid and hopfully stop the cart from driving without the gas pedal being pushed, I will add you to my Christmas card list;-)

My email is gregorysclark@yahoo.com. Please send me anything you have that would be helpful. Thanks!!!

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 06:09 PM

re: 3 Wheel EZGO 36v Electric Cart

All of this is an improvement because it was not running at all before the solenoid replacment.

pggroves 12-05-2008 06:25 PM

It's a 1978 most likely an X440. Look at the Sticky's at the top of the EZGO electric section for a wiring diagram on the resistor coil setups that closely resembles yours and start tracing and identifying.

scottyb 12-05-2008 06:28 PM

Most likely the cart seems to be running without the gas because the gas is never completely off. Check to see if in fact the gas peddle allows the speed selector wiper arm to come all the way back down to the last speed selection button. This is the off position. I like candy canes :lol:

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks!!! I will look into it this weekend. Here is a picture of my cart. I only paid $300 for it and it has a charger as well. This is my first cart. I was tired of being an outcast at the campground so we bought this cart.

:reindeer: :santa:

pggroves 12-05-2008 06:49 PM

Take a picture under the seat as well. It will help.

mikesmotortoys 12-05-2008 06:53 PM

That's a perfect campground cruiser:thumbup:

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 10:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pictures of solenoid I was sold. It is different from the one that was one the cart.

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 10:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Originial Type of solenoid pictured here. Plus cart as it was before I cleaned it up and corrected the battery wirig.

3wheelingfool 12-05-2008 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the originial way it was when I bought it.