Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ezgo marathon 2pg electric fuel pump mod (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=146951)

Sean5545 10-13-2018 11:24 AM

Ezgo marathon 2pg electric fuel pump mod

3 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, I just completed an electric fuel pump mod since I was tired of replacing ripped diaphragms causing fuel leakage into the engine lower. It’s been running for 2 days and as of now I couldn’t be happier. The low speed performance is smoother and its running better then ever. It was as simple as blocking off the pulse hole under the old fuel pump and wiring a small 12V low pressure fuel pump to come on when the pedal is pushed. I will update in a few weeks as to the status and any issues that may come up, if anyone has questions feel free to askAttachment 176583

Attachment 176584

Attachment 176585

LukeL 10-13-2018 11:26 AM

Re: Ezgo marathon 2pg electric fuel pump mod

I’m very interested in doing this to my 3PG. Let us know how it is.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59

cart around 10-13-2018 12:01 PM

Do you get a lot of backfiring with that spring on the wrong side of the throttle lever?

A spring on the opposite side would have given really smooth throttle response, and prevented ripped diaphragms without the added hassle of an electric pump.

I noticed that the air cleaner is missing too. I hope that was just for access while working on it.

Sean5545 10-13-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cart around (Post 1549615)
Do you get a lot of backfiring with that spring on the wrong side of the throttle lever?

A spring on the opposite side would have given really smooth throttle response, and prevented ripped diaphragms without the added hassle of an electric pump.

I noticed that the air cleaner is missing too. I hope that was just for access while working on it.

The spring is working its way through the hole, I have to replace with a different spring, it started out on the right side....no backfiring at all ever. Yes the air cleaner was off to give me more working room.

Dabble Inn 10-13-2018 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good eye CA.........

The spring on mine did the same thing, I ended up making a tiny washer between the spring and the throttle lever hole. Here's a pic of materials used lol, Works great.

I really like the electric pump mod and I'll be doing the same thing the next time my pump goes bad, The plastic spacer under my pump broke a few years ago and I can't find a replacement. As much as I hated to do it I mounted the pump directly on the case

Sean5545 10-19-2018 08:32 PM

This worked great for the 10 hours I’ve ridden since install, couldnt be happier. If any problems arise I will update but as it stands now I’ll never go back to the mechanical pump, I’d sooner replace the electric 4 times for the same price.

Sean5545 06-09-2019 09:54 AM

Still kicking strong....on a side note I’m still on the same spark plug since I did the mod which is a record for the old girl

Dabble Inn 06-09-2019 10:02 AM

Good to know. One question; What is the psi rating on the pump?

Sean5545 06-23-2019 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabble Inn (Post 1623630)
Good to know. One question; What is the psi rating on the pump?

Sorry for the delay, I’m not getting my alerts to a new message for some reason.

It’s 2.5-4 psi model EP02AL by Mega-Flint

Dabble Inn 06-23-2019 09:46 AM

I assumed it'd be pretty low like maybe 1-3psi. Good to know it'll handle up to 4, Thanks for the info