Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car Reverse Problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15702)

johnpgorel 04-22-2009 01:11 PM

Club Car Reverse Problem

I have a an Electric Club Car, the cart goes great in forward, but when you put it in reverse it barely wants to move, it does, but if you are on a small incline, it will barely move. Any ideas, Any adjustments I can make?

shadowman 04-23-2009 01:00 PM

Re: Club Car Reverse Problem

1st we need year and voltage of cart.........and keep in mind that reverse is half speed so if its a 36 volt cart you only have 18 volts in reverse..................................8)

butterface 04-23-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowman (Post 185537)
1st we need year and voltage of cart.........and keep in mind that reverse is half speed so if its a 36 volt cart you only have 18 volts in reverse..................................8)

in addition to what shadowman said, if the batteries are getting tired it will get very slow in reverse. so you may want to check the batteries with a volt meter and hydrometer to see what life they have.

johnpgorel 04-24-2009 10:58 AM

Thanks for the relplies, it is a 90 club car and is 36 volt, I willing to bet that the batteries are tired. Thanks!

shadowman 04-24-2009 06:26 PM

yeah start bygiving cart a full charge and than take voltage readings write them down and than load test each one...............post your voltage #,s and we,ll know from there............................8)

cewillis 04-29-2009 01:47 PM

I have a 96 with a similar problem. Not sure if a 90 has similar wiring, but on mine, the black wire from the throttle potentiometer splits to provide input to a micro switch controlled by F/R switch. In forward, the signal goes straight through to the controller. In reverse, the signal goes through a 1/2 speed reverse resister?? (is it a resister?), and then to the controller.

I know the resister?? is bad, because I wired around it, and now have full speed reverse.

Question: is that a 2.5K resister? That would make the reverse throttle signal 7.5K to 2.5K, instead of 5K-0.
The reason I ask is it seems that arrangement would only provide 1/2 the useful peddle travel.

oxfordlawn 04-29-2009 01:56 PM

Interesting find..I would like to know the answer to this one as well:thumbup: