Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing Supplies (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   mobile shooting platform (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=131564)

dougs_huntingcart 06-23-2017 11:16 AM

mobile shooting platform

1 Attachment(s)
I saw this on a show the other day and thought a few hunters/ shooters out there would appreciate the combination of mobility and stability (innovation) for this guys prairie dog hunting application. The sides have hinges to lift up and be able to get out of the cart. :shock:

NCPW 06-23-2017 11:38 AM

Re: mobile shooting platform

That would be pretty cool!

I wish we had areas like the plains in NC. :cry:

scottyb 06-23-2017 12:06 PM

I believe it is illegal to shoot from a vehicle in most states.

dougs_huntingcart 06-23-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1399728)

but officer it wasn't moving at the time :lhmo:

Gregorio 06-23-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1399728)

On private property not open to the public it is often legal. Even in California, the law only applies to public land. From California Fish and Game Regs.

2006. (a) It is unlawful to possess a loaded rifle or shotgun in any vehicle or conveyance or its attachments which is standing on or along or is being driven on or along any public highway or other way open to the public.

Gregorio 06-23-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart (Post 1399741)
but officer it wasn't moving at the time :lhmo:

Yeah, in Kommiefornia, the AG issued a memorandum that included using any part of the vehicle as a bench rest as a violation of the law.

dougs_huntingcart 06-23-2017 01:00 PM

conflicted... not sure if I should either be surprised or not, about this being legal in CA!

yeah private property is usually the exception but then there's always an exception to exception!

dougs_huntingcart 06-23-2017 01:08 PM

my guide in CO has a hole in the hood of his truck. supposedly a hunter quickly exited the vehicle to take a shot at an elk without placing his bag under the stock, while the guide was reaching for shooting sticks in the back seat. :banghead:

Gregorio 06-23-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart (Post 1399754)
my guide in CO has a hole in the hood of his truck. supposedly a hunter quickly exited the vehicle to take a shot at an elk without placing his bag under the stock, while the guide was reaching for shooting sticks in the back seat. :banghead:

Height Over Bore!

Shepard 07-18-2017 06:08 AM

I believe when they say "vehicle" it's meant to be a car or truck. I don't think farm tractors, 4 wheelers and golf carts or lawn mowers count.