Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas golf carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Jato Walker Belt (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=170081)

bugfun 10-15-2020 08:10 PM

Jato Walker Belt

I have a Jato Walker that needs a lot of work. I am in need of a belt and don't know where to start searching for one. The belt that goes from the engine. Where can I find a belt for this? Thanks!

CharleyL 10-17-2020 09:07 AM

Re: Jato Walker Belt

I have no idea what your belt even looks like, but belts are not made by the Jato Walker equipment manufacturer. They buy them from belt manufacturers to use in their products. The same is true for most motors, bearings, brake parts, steering parts, etc. Do you have the old belt? Does it have numbers or other information printed on it? If it does, it could hold the key to finding a replacement very easily. If there is no information on the belt, measuring the width, angle (if a V belt) and inside and outside lengths will be necessary. The kind of construction will help too. The present day lawn mower belts with the green color are much stronger than the automotive V belts. Find a bearing and power transmission parts distributor near you (usually there is one or more in larger cities - use the yellow pages phone book) or search for the belt numbers on the internet. If you find a store near you, take your old belt with you. Google can be a great source for internet searches (if you have numbers or a name on the old belt). Posting photos here would help too, but I believe that you will need a number of posts on this site to be able to post photos. Would love to see some photos of your cart too.

BTW, Welcome to the BGW forum. This site doesn't have a highly active bunch of users, so check back often after you post a question, because many only visit the site weekly or even less often than that. I spend a few minutes here almost every day. To up your post count, you can just say hi to me daily for a few days, or join into several other conversations and you will quickly reach the count needed for more capabilities. Update your "Profile" in the "User CP" on the left end of the second dark blue bar at the top of this screen to tell us a little more about you and your cart. At the very least, post your first name or what you go by. I like people to address me by my first name (nickname)
and go by that here too.

Charley

bugfun 10-20-2020 08:06 PM

Re: Jato Walker Belt

Thanks for your help. I went to local parts store and they matched one for me. It is a Gates # TR28437.