Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alltrax DCX 400 Settings (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76882)

chasenfish16 03-05-2013 10:49 PM

Alltrax DCX 400 Settings

I am about to put some new batteries in my 36 volt 2001 Ezgo PDS I have an Alltrax DCX 400 controller and I am curious what I should set the undervoltage and overvoltage at to help protect the batteries.

Also I would like to know what most people have there throttle up and throttle down settings at. Mine is currently at 8 and it can be a little jumpy, I dont remember what the factory settings were.

I am looking at purchasing (6) US Battery US 2200XC. Does anyone use these and what are their thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance

Great white north 03-05-2013 11:14 PM

Re: Alltrax DCX 400 Settings

Stay with Trojan or Crown go for max amp /hour and max .weight to give you max.range min 245amp /hour , I would go 260 amp /hour from crown , do not cheap out on batteries ! :thumbup:
Cheers !

chasenfish16 03-08-2013 08:33 PM

With all the Alltrax controllers people use on this forum nobody can help me with the settings? or opinions on US batteries?

subby44 03-08-2013 09:54 PM

now now... please do not get to Excited.. :lol: The guys on this forum will give you more info than you can handle.. I am sure of that.. I am not sure what mt settings are on my alltrax 400. They are whatever the factory settings are.. as far as the batts go.. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON THE BATTS.. you did not cheap out on the controller did ya?

go trojan with a goof amp/hr rating..

chasenfish16 03-08-2013 11:27 PM

I am not get excited, just asking for some assistance. I know there is alot of knowledge and experience out here about Alltrax controllers and different brands of batteries.

I dont believe the Alltrax DCX 400 is considered a cheap controller, also I dont believe US Batteries US 2200xc are considered cheap either it is the same weight and 225 ah as the Trojan T-105

scottyb 03-08-2013 11:42 PM

Alltrax sets under voltage at 20v. I disagree. I set it to 27vdc for 36v operating systems and 37vdc for 48v systems. I never want my batteries drawn down any lower than this under any circumstances. Factory throttle setting is 5 up and down.
I hope this helps

chasenfish16 03-08-2013 11:50 PM

Scotty, thanks that helps alot. Do you have any opinion on US Batteries?

yurtle 03-09-2013 03:42 AM

One thing about min voltage is the steepest hill you have to overcome, with the largest cargo and deadest battery. That's where you will experience the highest voltage drop. It also depends on tire size and/or rear end ratio. I had mine set too conservative (dunno the settings before or after), and they would momentarily drop below that point while climbing my steepest incline. If you live in flat-land, you have it easier.

yurtle 03-09-2013 03:45 AM

As to throttle up and down, it's kinda a personal thing. Higher throttle down is fun at first, but is hard on all of the electrical and mechanical components. Ultimately, you want it to be responsive, but not too aggressive. Don't wanna spill no beers! :mrgreen:

JohnnieB 03-09-2013 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The US-2200 is a 232AH battery, so it has slightly more storage capacity (3.1%) than the standard (225AH) battery.

As for quality of the product, I believe how well you take care of your batteries is more important than the name printed on them.
From what I've read here and elsewhere, all of the major golf cart battery manufacturers put out lemons as well as jewels, so look for the best warranty and keep your sales slip.

Attached is a list of batteries made by six of the major golf cart battery manufacturers (NAPA batteries listed are made by Exide).
The list is sorted by Amp-Hours with the highest AH at the top and the least at the bottom. Batteries with the same AH rating are sorted alphabetically by manufacturer name. The two rows highlighted in green are the 225AH standard the Amp-Hours of the others are compared to.

Batteries listed above the green rows will give you more run-time and will last longer before the need to be replaced, but typically cost more.
Batteries listed below the green rows, won't have as much run-time and won't last as long, but typically cost less.

---------------

As to where to set the low-voltage cut-off on programmable controllers.
Irreversible physical damage starts occurring when the amps being drawn from a well charged battery in good health reduces the volts-per-cell below 1.5V. (The surface material is actually ripped off the plates.)

So 1.5VPC is the magic number, which is about:
27V for a 36V pack (18 Cells)
32V for a 42V pack (21 Cells)
36V (or 37V) for a 48V pack (24 Cells)