Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So I put the motor back in.... (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=113523)

blizzrd 12-22-2015 02:45 PM

So I put the motor back in....

Should be PUT the motor back in...anyways.

Turn the key aaaand......nothing. Nothing at all. Got another battery and nothing. I'm at my wits end with this thing. I don't think I forgot anything but hell who knows. Any ideas where to start?

smokindawg 12-22-2015 05:17 PM

re: So I put the motor back in....

What motor, what cart, swap anything else?

blizzrd 12-22-2015 05:38 PM

G1. Nope. Connected everything I could think of. It's just giving me nothing at all. I'm thinking of using some die electric grease and reseat the plugs from the coil plate.

smallblock450sl 12-22-2015 07:00 PM

Does it turn over? Or does it not "fire up"?

blizzrd 12-22-2015 07:26 PM

No turning over

raydhd 12-22-2015 07:52 PM

Jack it up and jump the solenoid. If it doesn't work that way started,battery or cables.If it does start retracing back to ignition switch including the solenoid itself.I don't know about the G1 start stop switch is but it is often the problem on later yamahas.But check your battery cables first.I had corrosion in my negative battery cable that I finally found after checking everything else.

blizzrd 12-22-2015 07:55 PM

Something must be loose or not connected cuz it was fine before I took it apart to do the seals. The only thing I can think of is that I left it open and it rained really bad one night. I wasn't home so I couldn't cover it. Not sure if that would have messed anything up.

smallblock450sl 12-22-2015 08:40 PM

First, I would check the "red wire lead" from the positive battery cable to the wire harness. If correded or broken...the car is dead. Second, I would check the positive and negative fuses and the fuse holder it self for continuity. Don't be descouraged, I know you have had some issues, but we all can work this out...I hope:lol:

blizzrd 12-22-2015 09:25 PM

Where are the fuses? Oh and thank you very much.

smallblock450sl 12-22-2015 09:33 PM

Useually on G1's, the positive fuse will be below the solenoids and the negative fuse will be behind the solenoids. Don't thank me till we get this puppy running.