Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   engine tring to run after cart is stopped (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=4472)

daryl 04-18-2008 02:56 PM

engine tring to run after cart is stopped

After a long(ish) run, when I stop the cart (and it is supposed to turn off), it keeps trying to run for 10 or so seconds.

Why and how do I resolve?

Loud & Lifted 04-18-2008 03:31 PM

Re: engine tring to run after cart is stopped

My EZ-GO did the same thing. I backed off on the gov a little. and adjusted the carb so the butterfly closes all the way. It seemed to work on mine. Hope this helps. If not I'm sure some of the more experienced guys will help out too.

scottyb 04-18-2008 10:13 PM

I think the micro switch in the accel box is supposed to cut the power off when you release the gas peddle. So u may want to check that the micro is shutting off when peddle is released. Cause it wouldn't matter how wide open the throttle was if the ignition cut out...gd luck

shadowman 04-21-2008 01:18 PM

most cases when this happens it is the micro switch in the box so i would start there............................................8 )

4x4 CC 04-21-2008 07:32 PM

Yeah it sounds like the micro isnt working and it chockes itself to death.

ddlewis 05-12-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowman (Post 64593)
most cases when this happens it is the micro switch in the box so i would start there............................................8 )

I am having the same problem on my dads '91 club car. I don't know anything about carts, but after poking around, discovering the box and the micro-switches, engaged by a mechanical arm that is part of the throttle linkage. I was sure that was the problem and ordered one. It came in, he (dad) put it in but it didn't help.

Any other guesses?

In this cart there were two microswitches stacked in that box (which I didn't realize until the new one came in) I tried the new one paired with both of the old ones.

which one controls the cut off, top or bottom?

can someone verify how the switches are supposed to be plugged in? Each switch has three male spade connectors, but only two are used on each switch. on the top switch the middle connector is left open and on the bottom, the right (engine side) spade connector is open. that right?

Also where's a good place to get a manual? Better yet, is there one online somewhere?

Anyway, sorry if my question(s) is too vague, just fishing for ideas. Thanks for reading.

Dan.

4x4 CC 05-13-2008 09:00 PM

Make sure carb butterfly is closing all the way.