Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   solenoid clicking (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=24171)

dbmw281 10-05-2009 08:29 PM

solenoid clicking

I have a 91 electric ez go marathon that I have rebuilt. It was running great until it just stopped. When I push the pedal all it does is make click in the solenoid. I have read other post and they suggest crossing the big terminals on the solenoid and when I did that it still would not run/go.. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will post pic of the project shortly.

AirGuy 10-05-2009 09:57 PM

Re: solenoid clicking

did you push on the peddle when you bypassed the solenoid?

dbmw281 10-06-2009 08:33 AM

Yes, I sure did.

scottyb 10-06-2009 08:37 AM

Check all your cable end connections to the motor, F&R, and speed control ?

dbmw281 10-06-2009 09:23 AM

Thanks, I will check this afternoon along with my ohm range on the pot to the controller. I appreciate the quick response.

mikesmotortoys 10-06-2009 09:26 AM

If the wires are ALL good, then you're going to need a volt meter for further questions that you'll be asked:thumbup:

dbmw281 10-06-2009 06:18 PM

Ok here we go; I cleaned all connections on the motor and F/R and have good readings on the F/R and continuity on the motor from A1 to A2 and S1 to S2. My micro switch which has an orange wire going to the solenoid and a blue one to the controller seams to be working with sending power to the solenoid. I tested the ohms on the speed controller/pot (is the speed controller as some people call it the same as the pot) and it seams to be all over the place. I have a curtis 275A controller and the pot or speed controller under the micro has four wires coming off it with 2 going to the controller and two going to the double micro behind the F/R. If this is what seems to be bad, could i get the pot with the micro switch built in or which pot should i get. I appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone

dbmw281 10-08-2009 04:09 PM

Can anyone help with the below?

Ok here we go; I cleaned all connections on the motor and F/R and have good readings on the F/R and continuity on the motor from A1 to A2 and S1 to S2. My micro switch which has an orange wire going to the solenoid and a blue one to the controller seams to be working with sending power to the solenoid. I tested the ohms on the speed controller/pot (is the speed controller as some people call it the same as the pot) and it seams to be all over the place. I have a curtis 275A controller and the pot or speed controller under the micro has four wires coming off it with 2 going to the controller and two going to the double micro behind the F/R. If this is what seems to be bad, could i get the pot with the micro switch built in or which pot should i get. I appreciate any help or suggestions from anyone

dbmw281 10-26-2009 01:33 PM

Ended up being the controller that was bad.