Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My new (to me) TXT (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76522)

MuckSavage 02-25-2013 12:58 PM

My new (to me) TXT

3 Attachment(s)
I just introduced myself over in the appropriate section, but I came here to introduce my buggy. I just bought my first cart (after renting at campgrounds) a '02 TXT. I think I got a pretty decent deal. ($1k) Thanks to everyone here, I know it's a PDS (not sure how to tell if it's a freedom). The P.O. was a co-worker of my bro-in-law's who used it at his seasonal camper. He says he bought it in '08, replaced the batteries in '10, stored them indoors in winter. It has a back seat, tinted flip-windshield. In the pics, you'll see that it has 2 flat tires, so I guess that'll be my first fix, then I suppose I should replace/upgrade the battery cables, then, anything else?. I used a link I found in another thread to know it was a '02. My wife already pictures it painted an aquamarine color with a "Salt Life" theme. (We're part time motorhomers who visit the Fla Keys yearly.

Whaddya think?

subby44 02-25-2013 02:06 PM

Re: My new (to me) TXT

Congrats to the site.. & the new (to you) buggie.. the addiction now begins..

as350pilot 02-25-2013 02:19 PM

Looks like a nice find. I would love to find a good deal on a PDS like that. Congrats!

rkuchmak 02-25-2013 02:40 PM

Welcome aboard,have fun with your cart:thumbup:

MuckSavage 02-25-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by as350pilot (Post 844553)
Looks like a nice find. I would love to find a good deal on a PDS like that. Congrats!

You think I got a good deal? I've been following your green cart build. I like it! Do you know how I can tell if it's a freedom?

dmi518 02-25-2013 04:26 PM

i thinks it a good deal for a running pds cart in good shape. looks clean.

good luck with it:wink:

sassycat 02-25-2013 04:51 PM

good deal:thumbup: welcome to bgw also.so the cart will def be auqamarine with the salt life theme:mrgreen:
and maybe ya can get her to wash it for ya:thumbup:

as350pilot 02-25-2013 07:09 PM

The freedom will have a wiring harness behind/under the cup holder. That allows for installation of a turn signal.

Dela 02-26-2013 05:21 AM

I'll give you $1100 for it 8) That thing looks to be in great shape!!

Good Deal - yes :thumbup:

Your wife is on to something.. A Salt Life cart would definitely turn heads in the keys! There's a new restaurant that went with that theme by me, that theme is taking off down here like Wild Fire. I know one thing.. A Salt Life cart would sell FAST!

JohnnieB 02-26-2013 07:59 AM

According to the serial number, this is how it left the factory:
Make: TXT
Type: Electric 36 V
Model: TXT Standard (PDS)
Year: 2002

So someone has added lights, rear seat and some other stuff.
I might be wrong, but it looks like it has disk brakes in front.