Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Sporting Clays or "Golf" with a shotgun (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=50313)

smkummer 06-27-2011 03:12 PM

Sporting Clays or "Golf" with a shotgun

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this on the Harley gas forum but I thought it would work here also. I rigged the Koplin Rhino Grips ($44.99 at Bass Pro) double ATV gun mounts to the bag rail and it held 4 guns securely in the back with the buttstocks wedged in the padded bag matt area. Worked even better than expected. Although only 2 were able to ride the cart at a time, we were able to haul all 4 shotguns, shells and cooler between stations. Now that is the way to shoot a sporting clays course without feeling completely worn out when its all done.

kzunell 09-20-2011 09:44 AM

Re: Sporting Clays or "Golf" with a shotgun

There is a sporting clay/shooting range near me that has about 10-15 golfcarts all fitted with shotgun holders. You can rent the carts for $15. It sure beats walking.

Scooter B 09-20-2011 09:51 AM

The clay shooting events down south are more like half clays and half custom golf cart shows... some of the coolest custom carts I've seen were at shooting events!

QIND1 01-12-2012 10:45 PM

Tournament last year in PA had carts for use. They went all electric and ditched the gas carts two years ago( according to range master) nice way to travel to all the different stations.

rollnblock 02-16-2012 07:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
try this one out. still in progress as the top isnt ready to bolt up yet

rollnblock 02-16-2012 07:43 PM

meant to put in that those are gun scabbards on the sides. padded on the inside so it doesnt mar up the gun. they are from scabbard technology.

720Deere 08-05-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollnblock (Post 689264)

What is going on in the front where headlights should be? Headlight delete panels?

rollnblock 10-19-2012 08:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
no it has the original style head lights in it. just new. hopefully the new pictures show up.

bigsal51 02-21-2013 08:21 AM

I Agee with scooter b the reason I got my cart was because of all the oilfield shoots I go to and they are awesome carts. I actually need to put gun holders in front and back what can I add for the back seat?

spriddle 02-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollnblock (Post 689264)

Looks really nice and great job. One concern I would have is that I might hang them on something driving through a wooded area.