Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   v-glide use with allrax controller (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147228)

sand dune coon 10-22-2018 12:14 PM

v-glide use with allrax controller

good morning,

doing a solid state upgrade on a 93ds - the cart is currently a v-glide resistor cart. Is it possible retrofit my high amperage style v-glide with small resistors like on the new models to achieve the 5k-0 signal ? installing 48500 and HD sol

i know the throttle response wont be the best but i dont care - trying to keep this cheap and easy. i did some searching and couldn't find much.

thank you in advance.

LukeL 10-22-2018 12:22 PM

Re: v-glide use with allrax controller

I have heard that it is possible to get a 0-5K although not a very precise one. I’ve never done it, and with the PB-6 and similar being easy to retrofit, I’ve never needed to.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59

KRAZYMATT 10-22-2018 12:29 PM

ive inquired about the conversion and got some good input from "haulna$$" on here he posted couple wire diagrams and explained how to convert stock vglide to work with altrax sr 500 amp solid state controller...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...001-94-ds.html

see post #8 at above thread. very helpful

sand dune coon 10-22-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeL (Post 1552489)
I have heard that it is possible to get a 0-5K although not a very precise one. I’ve never done it, and with the PB-6 and similar being easy to retrofit, I’ve never needed to.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59

is there a kit available to mount the pb6 in the same vicinity at the v-glide?

sand dune coon 10-22-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT (Post 1552496)
ive inquired about the conversion and got some good input from "haulna$$" on here he posted couple wire diagrams and explained how to convert stock vglide to work with altrax sr 500 amp solid state controller...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...001-94-ds.html

see post #8 at above thread. very helpful

i saw this thread during a search but that particular v-glide looks as if it controls a controller already. ( if that makes sense )
my v-drive is a high amperage style where the actual line amperage is going though it.
basically, i knew the size of the resistors in the picture on your thread i can convert mine.. i think..

KRAZYMATT 10-22-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sand dune coon (Post 1552499)
i saw this thread during a search but that particular v-glide looks as if it controls a controller already. ( if that makes sense )
my v-drive is a high amperage style where the actual line amperage is going though it.
basically, i knew the size of the resistors in the picture on your thread i can convert mine.. i think..

yes that makes sense, your cart is a resistor cart and does not have an existing solid state controller. i wish could be more help i am just gathering info and parts to do conversion in the future, havent actually gotten into it yet.

HaulnA$$ 10-22-2018 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sand dune coon (Post 1552499)

You can convert yours. See attachment. Be sure to install a jumper between post 2 and post 3. HTH

sand dune coon 10-22-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ (Post 1552512)
You can convert yours. See attachment. Be sure to install a jumper between post 2 and post 3. HTH

exactly what i was looking for,, thank you sir.

WalterM6 10-22-2018 04:38 PM

Here's something to think about. Even with a MCOR the Alltrax doesn't have a very consistent throttle response. When your up and running try the "Absolute Throttle" in the Alltrax Toolkit. It is advertised as a precision throttle in the Alltrax literature. It really smoothed out my throttle response. My 2¢

sand dune coon 10-23-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ (Post 1552512)

would you happen to know if they are half watt resistors?