Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   MCOR Change out and now it will not charge? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=146200)

567Chief 09-17-2018 10:08 AM

MCOR Change out and now it will not charge?

I changed my MCOR 4 yesterday and that works perfectly but since then it will not charge. I’ve checked all that I can from the troubleshooting the charging system outlined here without any success. 50.3v on the batteries now. I have a 2014 Precedent. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hunter450 09-17-2018 01:04 PM

Re: MCOR Change out and now it will not charge?

Did you disconnect the positive cables on the battery pack before the MCOR work? Check to make sure the red charge wire from the charger receptacle is connected to the pack positive terminal. I'm sure you checked that the charger is plugged in to AC power.

567Chief 09-17-2018 01:39 PM

Thanks Hunter but that’s not it. I’ve always been a fan of looking at where you did your recent work when something like this happens but I can’t seem to find a problem. Voltage checks out good at the charging plug. I’m going to dig into the charger next.

Hunter450 09-17-2018 03:33 PM

Funny how things like that happen. Know anybody that has a similar Cart & charger? Might consider that as the MCOR work had nothing to do with the charging system. Good luck!

Fairtax4me 09-17-2018 03:50 PM

There's a short procedure in the owners manual to reset the ERIC charger in case there was a charge error.
Unplug the charger from the cart, unplug the charger from the AC wall outlet.
Wait until all lights on the charger go out, then wait an additional 30 seconds. Plug the charger into the AC wall outlet, wait until the Blue status light comes on, then plug the DC charge cord into the cart.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-17-2018 03:52 PM

What's the cart serial number? It may not be an ERIC car.

567Chief 09-17-2018 04:33 PM

It’s not an ERIC. It’s a Power Drive 3. I have voltage (45v) at the relay (blue & white wires) on the charger but it will not close. I’m starting to think it’s a relay but I’d love for a pro to reassure me befor I just buy one.

Fairtax4me 09-17-2018 06:17 PM

Ah ok, thought all 14's had the Eric charger.
If you have voltage on both sides of the relay you need to check the grey wire from the charge receptacle, and check the fuse inside the yellow fuse holder.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-18-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 567Chief (Post 1541814)
It’s not an ERIC. It’s a Power Drive 3. I have voltage (45v) at the relay (blue & white wires) on the charger but it will not close. I’m starting to think it’s a relay but I’d love for a pro to reassure me befor I just buy one.

Grab a multimeter and call me. We'll figure it out. 706-431-3917

567Chief 09-18-2018 02:18 PM

I’ll give you a call in about 45 minuets. Thanks!