Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric golf carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ruff n Tuff repair manual (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=62064)

dr1ize 03-30-2012 06:11 AM

Ruff n Tuff repair manual

Does anyone out there know where I can get a service manual online or in book form for a 2004 48v Ruff N Tuff or if anyone has one if you could take a pic of the battery pack so I can see how it should be. I am having wiring issues with the batteries and how the charger should be hooked up to them and I can't find anyone local that will work on it , I would rather fix it myself but I have looked all over online and I can't find anything. I got this cart on a trade for doing work for one of my customers and I am thinking I got the short end on that deal. Thanks in advance.

Frankie Fraley 08-13-2019 10:26 AM

Re: Ruff n Tuff repair manual

Need help rewiring switch on 12 volt side

LabRat 08-13-2019 10:35 AM

Good Morning, I have worked on several Ruff & Tuff and could not find any info on the internet. Your best bet is to "Fly by the seat of your pants", if you decide to keep the cart, start a log or diary for your cart. IMHO these are clones, nothing more, look for similar aspect of the cart design to known information. Type of controller, type of charger, type of drive system. create your own wiring diagram based on your observation and chasing wires.
Good Luck to you. The guys here at BGW love to share, so keep throwing out the questions.

nickdalzell1 08-14-2019 07:04 PM

Oh man, these are even worse than Bad Boy Buggies. We rigged the one we were given (the person hated it so much he gave it to us, controller was EOL and unobtainable) to run like an old resistor car, no controller, solenoids for F/R, solenoids for each resistor/speed like an old Club Car. Works fine, but you got no 4WD anymore, or locking diff.

papasmurf 08-15-2020 05:43 PM

hey if your 4 wheel is not working would you consider selling the drive shaft ??

papasmurf 08-15-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 1644305)
Good Morning, I have worked on several Ruff & Tuff and could not find any info on the internet. Your best bet is to "Fly by the seat of your pants", if you decide to keep the cart, start a log or diary for your cart. IMHO these are clones, nothing more, look for similar aspect of the cart design to known information. Type of controller, type of charger, type of drive system. create your own wiring diagram based on your observation and chasing wires.
Good Luck to you. The guys here at BGW love to share, so keep throwing out the questions.

if you go to ruff and tuff .com the have downlosdable wiring diagrams .

papasmurf 08-15-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 1644305)

we just had a bad boy buggy burn to the ground day before yesterday almost burnt down a camper with people sleeping inside the fire was so hot it melted the headlights out of a van 50 feet away there was nothing left .