Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   yamaha power kit (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3557)

hotwatermusic 02-19-2008 10:33 PM

yamaha power kit

ordered it, installed it ,love it. it has much better low end and climbing power but, one question though. why would it seem to climb hills in reverse better than in forward? MUCH BETTER:?

smallblock450sl 02-20-2008 09:50 AM

Re: yamaha power kit

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwatermusic (Post 53303)
ordered it, installed it ,love it. it has much better low end and climbing power but, one question though. why would it seem to climb hills in reverse better than in forward? MUCH BETTER:?

I beleive its the gear ratio for the "reverse" gear in the differantial. Dave

BAXTER72 02-20-2008 02:39 PM

HWW,

What power kit did you install ?
Was it had to install ?

hotwatermusic 02-20-2008 06:39 PM

it was the one from our good friends at cartparts plus. No it was not that i had to. its an up grade for low end torque. there is nothing wrong with it. i'm now able to climb all the hills that i couldnt before. i was just wondering why it would throw 3+ feet of dirt in reverse but not in forward:thumbup:

dave is probably right about the gear ratio it makes alot of sence..

smallblock450sl 02-20-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwatermusic (Post 53424)
it was the one from our good friends at cartparts plus. No it was not that i had to. its an up grade for low end torque. there is nothing wrong with it. i'm now able to climb all the hills that i couldnt before. i was just wondering why it would throw 3+ feet of dirt in reverse but not in forward:thumbup:

dave is probably right about the gear ratio it makes alot of sence..

Can I just call you "HWM" ? Do you feel like the "torque spring" took away your "top end speed" ? I've installed quite a few and they made the car feel like a "slow tractor". Would climb the side of a wall.......Maybe thats what you were after? Please post and let us all know your feelings. Later Dave

hotwatermusic 02-20-2008 10:37 PM

no dave it didn't take away the top end. it just seemed a bit slower than i had expected climbing hills in forward than reverse. granted i used to not be able to CLIMB a hill period without a little speed but i think its like you said a higher gear ratio in reverse. now that i think about it. it always seemed to have a bit more torque in reverse. thanks dave. never the less you always seem to know what your talking about:thumbup:

hotwatermusic 02-20-2008 10:37 PM

and by the way HWM is fine:thumbup: