Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   just brought home A 2002 club car need???? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=88373)

bsa_bob 12-02-2013 03:18 PM

just brought home A 2002 club car need????

I am going to use 4 -12 volt batterys And i need A wiring diagram for such. please post or tell me where t.......--no show me where to look on this forum please.

Bill 12-02-2013 03:28 PM

Re: just brought home A 2002 club car need????

Why do you want to reduce your runtime ?
Most people convert from 4 12V to 6 8V battery's to gain the extra runtime.

Stevegrmich 12-02-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsa_bob (Post 961947)
I am going to use 4 -12 volt batterys And i need A wiring diagram for such. please post or tell me where t.......--no show me where to look on this forum please.

Wiring Diagrams . . . . :thumbup:

Stevegrmich 12-02-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 961950)

. . . maybe it suits his needs . . . I've been running with 4-12v's for a couple of years with no issues . . . again, depends what one wants to do with their cart . . . :thumbup:

jakesnake27 12-02-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

A 2002 will have the six 8v system, so I would go with it...

bsa_bob 12-02-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill (Post 961950)

I get my batts free; and i won't be going a long ways probably .if these batts don't work out good, then i go to; 6-8s. The word on the batts i have,- i am told they will run 19 hours- with out recharging them. nothin to lose.

Thanks for all the diagrams but i couldn't copy any of them. my printer is gettin old. Where can i get A manual ? that shows what all i'l need ? new at this cart stuff

jakesnake27 12-02-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsa_bob (Post 961976)
I get my batts free; and i won't be going a long ways probably .if these batts don't work out good, then i go to; 6-8s. The word on the batts i have,- i am told they will run 19 hours- with out recharging them. nothin to lose.

Can't beat free...
Are they flooded deep cycle batts?

mrgolf 12-02-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

If you just want to know how to hook the batteries. They hook in series. You have a pos coming to the battery compartment form the soloniod, and a neg coming from the controller. Hook the pos to pos post on the battery near to it, then run jumpers from the neg on that battery to the pos on the next one in line. You should come to the last battery and hook the neg cable from the controller to the neg on the last battery. Use at least 6 ga battery cables, 4 ga is better. You may have enough jumpers with the cart if you got it with old batteries. If not you can make your own or buy them from site sponcors. Have fun.

bsa_bob 12-02-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakesnake27 (Post 961978)
Can't beat free...
Are they flooded deep cycle batts?

deep cycle alph cell gxl's

bsa_bob 12-02-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgolf (Post 961990)
If you just want to know how to hook the batteries. They hook in series. You have a pos coming to the battery compartment form the soloniod, and a neg coming from the controller. Hook the pos to pos post on the battery near to it, then run jumpers from the neg on that battery to the pos on the next one in line. You should come to the last battery and hook the neg cable from the controller to the neg on the last battery. Use at least 6 ga battery cables, 4 ga is better. You may have enough jumpers with the cart if you got it with old batteries. If not you can make your own or buy them from site sponcors. Have fun.

thank you Mrgolf bob s this reply helps me greatly bob s