Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=150618)

rjz 03-03-2019 03:58 PM

What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion?

I have seen TC and Chargerys. A few folks indicated they are still using the lead acid chargers. Third options a cheap lower amp ebike charger. What's best or why or why not use something?

Volt_Ampere 03-03-2019 08:05 PM

Re: What's your charger? Thoughts on best charger for lithium conversion?

It is critical that your charger is designed for the pack voltage - number of cells you have. You can use an Ebike charger if it's set up for the same number of cells you have but it will probably charge at a fairly low rate. My Ebike charger goes to 5 amps. My cart charger goes to 17 amps so it charges more than 3 times as quickly. Both are set up for 14 cells so I can use my Ebike charger on my cart in a pinch.

bronsonj 03-03-2019 10:18 PM

VA, what charger did you find for your ebike that you can use on your cart? Did you have to mod the e-bike charger?

All the small ones I saw weren't adjustable for the output V and they all wanted to push the cells right up to 4.2v.

It'd be nice to find a cheap e-bike charger that's adjustable or has a fixed V somewhere between 54 and 57v so I can leave it in the cart and not worry if someone takes it.

MCJEFE 03-03-2019 10:47 PM

I bought one of these as a temporary until I decided which charger (15 amp) I was ultimately going to use was ordered programmed shipped. Since I installed it a couple months ago its worked fine. It outputs just under 10 amps and charges the pack just fine overnight. I just installed the second pack into my other cart today and may just get a second one of these...

58.4V 10A Charger 58.4V LiFePO4 Battery Smart Charger Used for 16S 48V LiFePO4 Battery High Power https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CXQBQ8D..._aXjFCb61ZNJ5E

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Volt_Ampere 03-04-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronsonj (Post 1592450)
VA, what charger did you find for your ebike that you can use on your cart? Did you have to mod the e-bike charger?

All the small ones I saw weren't adjustable for the output V and they all wanted to push the cells right up to 4.2v.

It'd be nice to find a cheap e-bike charger that's adjustable or has a fixed V somewhere between 54 and 57v so I can leave it in the cart and not worry if someone takes it.

I got my charger from Luna Cycles. It's a 300W charger with settings from 1Amp to 5 AMP and 80, 90, 100% charge. It is only for a 52V (14cell) pack. I have two Ebikes with 52V packs and my cart has a 52V Leaf pack.

DaveTM 03-04-2019 11:52 AM

ElCon 1800W. Charges at 16amps max and as charge approachs maximum the charger amps tones way down.

agpfl 03-04-2019 03:15 PM

I use a cheaper ebike charger that is 1000watts. When I order it I just let them know the number of cells and battery type. There is no real information out there, but most of the chargers have 3 pots that can be adjusted for constant voltage, constant current, and current cutoff. I have used the pots to adjust voltage and amps because I built a 12s instead of a 14s.

MyCousinVinnie 03-04-2019 05:20 PM

Using this one http://www.chargery.com/C10325.asp

smity1 03-07-2019 09:39 PM

I can tell you want not to use ..i have a Delta Q ic1200 with a Orion Jr BMS and even with custom special program supposedly, will not charge. And Delta Q has a horrible customer service.

Steve390Gold 06-07-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTM (Post 1592564)
ElCon 1800W. Charges at 16amps max and as charge approachs maximum the charger amps tones way down.

what is your battery config. right now? (12s1p, 12s2p, 20s1p, or 20s1p?) Either way how long does it take to charge it?

And were do you purchase said charger?