Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New CC Onward (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=127016)

E36Racer 02-16-2017 02:54 PM

New CC Onward

Hello everyone. I first want to thank all of the members for the invaluable information in the threads on this forum. This is my first post as I have just signed the order sheet to purchase my first cart ever, a 2017 CC Onward. It should be delivered by 2/28. I've spend countless hours reading this forum and I think the CC will suit my needs/wants, plus I like the dash better than the EZ or Yamaha. I live in south FL and plan to use it for running local errands and cruising around the neighborhood.

I ended up going with the lifted electric model with 23" tires and 14" wheels. It was only $379 more then the non-lifted model with 10" wheels which is about half the cost of a Jakes lift kit with rims/tires, so I figured it was a no-brainer. It also comes with the brush guard and fender flares which are add on options to the non-lifted model to the tune of $360 and $300, respectively.

I have a couple questions....

I'm guessing the factory CC lift has to be just as good as a Jakes kit, plus it comes with variable rate rear springs too. Or since that's just a guess, would I be better changing my order for the non-lifted model and installing a Jake's kit myself? At some point I will get the Jake's front disks but I can weld the caliper bracket to the CC spindle if necessary.

In the near term I would like to get 23-25mph because of some of the roads I plan to drive on have a speed limit of 35 and I think 19mph would be annoying to get stuck behind in a car. Long term plans, I intend on doing the controller, motor, cables, etc. with a goal of high 30's for a top speed. I just need to get my wife cool with the idea first. I figure maybe next winter I can start heading down the path of total driveline electronics modifications.

It is rated for a top speed of 19mph out of the box and so is the non-lifted version with 18" tires. Does this mean that CC uses a different speed code on the lifted/non-lifted models? If that is the case, can I just ask the dealer to change the speed code to 4, before they drop it off? Since numerous people have reported speeds on a stock Precedent using speed code 4 with 23" tires to be 23-25, I would think the Onward would be the same (it's basically a Precedent with a different body and upgraded rear suspension).

If I can get the dealer to up the speed code (if that's even possible), is it worth my while to get the speed magnet for the motor (or sensor depending what motor it has)? Is the speed code 5 programmer I've read about worth it? Should I even bother asking the dealer to change the speed code if ultimately I should just get the programmer with code 5?

I doubt it will ever see off-pavement terrain rougher than a grass field, so I thought the 14" wheels would be o.k. since I like the look better than the 10" wheel with a 23" tire. Also, I figure with less sidewall they will probably handle better on the pavement. Is my logic right here? However, I could see the occasional need to drive over a curb or something. Will I run the risk of bending up the 14" wheel (obviously I don't plan to rock a curb at full speed)?

I'm a little concerned to take it to the food store or something and it gets stolen since carts seem like they are probably not that hard to hotwire. Am I just being paranoid, or do folks have some sort of security in addition to just the key? I didn't really find anything in the last month or so I've spent reading through this forum

Lastly, I know I need to keep the batteries clean and full of H2O, but that's about it. Are there any other tips/tricks/suggestions for a first time cart owner?

Thanks in advance. Pictures to come once it gets delivered.

Sergio 02-16-2017 03:22 PM

Re: New CC Onward

Welcome to the site:thumbup:

That cart has an Excel drive system, so neither the speed magnet nor speed code 5 will work on it.

The dealer may be required to dial the Speed Calibration set to 30, which will reduce the speed by 3mph and make the 22" tire model have the same speed as the 18" tire model on speed code 4.

You could ask them to make sure it is set for the maximum possible speed that code 4 will allow, which will be around 23mph with 22" tires.

2016CTD 02-16-2017 03:36 PM

Welcome to BGW.

kernal 02-16-2017 06:08 PM

You know you have to post pictures when you get it otherwise it didn't happen. :lol:

edit: never mind. I just re read the last line in your post.

E36Racer 02-16-2017 07:52 PM

Here is the build pic the sales guy sent me https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e38c276a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakesnake27 02-16-2017 07:53 PM

Beautiful cart, you should make that your avatar... :thumbup:

:sign3: to BGW

Aflyer 02-16-2017 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Racer (Post 1353695)
Here is the build pic the sales guy sent me https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e38c276a3.jpg

I welcome you to BGW also. A very knowledgeable and friendly group here. Congrats on your new Car, I was looking at them on the CC Website last week and wishing I didn't already have two CC cars.

You have good taste, and I hope you enjoy your ride.

As for security I just put an uncommon key switch in mine, and we lock it with a cable lock at stores and restaurants. It won't stop the criminals, but it might deter the kids and honest thief's, LOL.
Aflyer

TahoeDawgZ71 02-16-2017 09:54 PM

Nice looking cart. I've seen a few around Augusta. Can't wait to start customizing them.

E36Racer 02-17-2017 01:02 PM

Thanks for the compliments guys. How do I set that pic as my avatar?

TahoeDawg- you must be lucky in Augusta. My sales guy said CC isn't starting to ship them until 2/23. Maybe your local dealers are higher up the food chain

jakesnake27 02-17-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Racer (Post 1353831)
How do I set that pic as my avatar?

Go to 'User CP' at the upper left of this page. Then about halfway down is 'Edit Avatar'. :thumbup: