Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help - solenoids clicking but cart wont move (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=5003)

Tripod 05-16-2008 02:16 PM

Help - solenoids clicking but cart wont move

I'm new to the whole cart scene - forgive the newbie questions.

When I step on the accelerator I can hear the solenoids clicking...I have 36+ volts going 'into' the bank of solenoids but nothing coming 'out' when I step on the accelerator. I 'assume' the problem is a solenoid but I'm just guessing...what else can it be? How do I test it?

I have a 36 v club car DS electric. Based on the wiring diagrams posted by roady89 mine is an 81-85 (it has several solenoids - not just one). I've downloaded the wiring diagram but I need help testing the system (what sort of voltage should I be getting and where). The cart was running fine and a few weeks ago it started to 'quit' intermittently...a few days ago it finally gave up the ghost... just quit - but solenoids are still clicking...just wont move forward or reverse.

phasetim 05-16-2008 04:35 PM

Re: Help - solenoids clicking but cart wont move

as you press on the pedal you activate microswitches that in turn activate the solenoids, make sure each level is getting activating voltage, and then if so, check to see if solenoids are passing voltage between each one.

rusty 05-16-2008 10:26 PM

Welcome Tripod...............

shadowman 05-20-2008 01:03 PM

jack the rear of the cart up and get a peice of 6 gage cable, jump the large post on the furthest left solenoid on drivers side turn key on put in gear and slowly press pedal down.......if wheels start spinning than replace that solenoid thats the master the other 4 are speeds........you might be hearing the speed solenoids clicking but the master could be bad..........so try that and post results.....................................8)

buggieman 10-21-2008 12:55 PM

Hey guys i'm having the same problem with mine I bought it for my son to poke around on but so far we have not been able to get her going I too hear 5 clicks but no spin from the motor tested all batts and test was 6.9 on all

buggieman 10-21-2008 01:22 PM

I just ran out and did the jump on the master solenoid and the wheels did spin there was a arch that melted my 6 gage cord on the end a bit but Hey she moved ,,may have been from a loose connection i guess perhaps some gator clips would have been mo better I am going to install new solenoid today and will post the results you rock I owe you one thanks

shadowman 10-21-2008 07:58 PM

good luck and be careful.....make sure you disconnect main 2 cables so you don,t hurt yourself or fry anything.......................................8)

atl250guardbum 06-28-2009 10:14 PM

jump ? how with jumper cables to the six gauge cable you installed on the solenoid?