Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Guy Here - Getting Ready for Alltrax400 Upgrade (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147870)

Schwags 11-14-2018 06:24 PM

New Guy Here - Getting Ready for Alltrax400 Upgrade

Hope everyone is doing well - just bought a 2011 CC Precedent IQ Excel for $1,800. Pretty good deal has front light, brake lights, custom seats etc.

Only thing missing is that I need more speed - just bought a Alltrax XCT 400 amp controller from Scotty B.

Any tips for a rookie or typical mistakes to watch out for before I get started?

mrgolf 11-14-2018 06:32 PM

Re: New Guy Here - Getting Ready for Alltrax400 Upgrade

Always put cart in TOW and unhook main negative and positive battery cables before working on anything electric, on taking springs off on rear. Always remember this. Lots of people have paid big money because they forgot or did not know to do this.:thumbup:

NoleFan4Ever 11-14-2018 06:44 PM

As Mr G stated.....

And you will be 99% assured the F1/F2 cables will be backwards if you follow the Alltrax diagram so either hook them up in reverse order or for sure have it up on jack stands when you first go to engage it.

Upgrade to 2g cables while you are there.

I would go ahead and upgrade my solenoid to a 400a HD so I have no weak links in the the future if I go up on my motor or others speed/torque necessities.

Be sure you correctly orient the diodes so it will operate correctly and give you the needed protection. Here is Sticky about it http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html

If you do not have a 48v to 12v converter, install one now.

Use the P&P concept with your charger (If it is Parked, Plug it in!)And it will not be long before the speed/power itch will hit you further, when it does, throw you a PQ Executioner Motor on there and whiz by all your friends in the hood....

Then when the batteries finally go, replace them with a Lithium pack and REALLY wake that carts potential UP! :thumbup:

Good Luck with all you do....

Sergio 11-14-2018 07:03 PM

These are the two possible ways to correctly connect the F1 and F2 wires to the XCT Controller on Precedent carts:
Controller B+ to Motor A1 and Controller F1 to Motor F1
Controller B+ to Motor A2 and Controller F1 to Motor F2

Jkerle 11-14-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwags (Post 1559862)
Hope everyone is doing well - just bought a 2011 CC Precedent IQ Excel for $1,800. Pretty good deal has front light, brake lights, custom seats etc.

Only thing missing is that I need more speed - just bought a Alltrax XCT 400 amp controller from Scotty B.

Any tips for a rookie or typical mistakes to watch out for before I get started?

Nothing real serious. Good time for a cable upgrade. Watch your forward and reverse I've installed 2 and both times I've mixed it up. I think the drawing is wrong. Easy fix just swap the f1/f2 wires.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DaveTM 11-14-2018 07:35 PM

Spend $25 and buy a MultiMeter. That little tool with save you a lot of grief, and maybe even save you from frying a $350 controller. (Ask me how I know this)

NoleFan4Ever 11-14-2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTM (Post 1559881)
-snip-
(Ask me how I know this)

And.... :lhmo::lhmo:

Schwags 11-14-2018 10:44 PM

Thanks Nole - I used to manage a fleet of carts so I know how to maintain them and the batteries - just very new to working on any type of vehicle as far as upgrades etc etc - looking forward to getting this thing moving quicker!

Schwags 11-14-2018 10:48 PM

Thanks for the tips!

I just pulled out the factory controller and solenoid. Then I grabbed a beer and was like **** - I better get this thing dialed in as I stared at the wires for about 20min. Shouldn't be a problem once I get the **** thing mounted. Forgot my drill is in another state - once I get everything mounted shouldnt take long. Appreciate the quick responses - looking forward to chatting with you all.

wcooper12 11-18-2018 12:26 AM

Install an A-male to B-male USB extension cable. It’ll make it easier for adjusting parameters on the controller. Also make sure you have some sort of weatherproof cover for the cable end or flush mount an adapter. Just remember to take your time and do it right the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk