Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Jakes Lift Kit-What's ground wire for? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=9183)

one65r 10-11-2008 08:20 PM

Jakes Lift Kit-What's ground wire for?

I installed a Jakes lift (spindle) kit on my 2004 Club Car IQ tonight. Cart ran great before installing the lift. During install, my rear axle tilted forward while still hooked to all the battery cables. That kept the motor/axle from flipping all the way over. I'm sure this put a strain on the wires, but nothing came loose. Anyway, not that I'm done the cart won't run. When you depress the pedal, it clicks and if you hold it down, it clicks again in about 5 seconds and goes dead. No movement at all. Any ideas? The kit came with a Ground wire, but the instructions don't say what it's for. I was hoping it may have something to do with my problem? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

roady89 10-12-2008 12:59 AM

Re: Jakes Lift Kit-What's ground wire for?

Welcome to BGW.

More than likely you damaged a cable or wire when the rear axle fell over.....possibly pulled a terminal loose. That ground wire doesn't have anything to do with the cart not running. If I remember correctly it is for static build up...keeps the rear end grounded to the frame. I never got a definate answer from anyone. I threw mine away, when I opened the box and saw it I had no idea what it was for because my cart didn't have one at all.

4vertical 10-12-2008 02:48 PM

do gas and electric use the same lift kit? if so that could be the longer cable that is needed to run from the starter generator back up to the frame on a gas cart.

sorry I have no idea what could be the problem with your electric cart though...

-Aaron

cattlecreek 04-11-2009 11:01 AM

I had the same problem. I found the blue wire from the motor came loose at the controller

96clubber 09-19-2010 12:41 AM

it is for the starter generator ground strap to the frame needs longer for the lift

OLD MEC 09-19-2010 08:42 AM

I asked the same question and when I contacted Jakes about ground wire lady said it was for static ground. Seems a little strange though to worry about static?

Fishing Dude 09-19-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD MEC (Post 457693)
I asked the same question and when I contacted Jakes about ground wire lady said it was for static ground. Seems a little strange though to worry about static?

Not if used in an explosive environment.

OLD MEC 09-19-2010 11:16 AM

YA FISHING DUDE your right but that should only be under commercial usage and I doubt that they would lift a cart for that?? When I think of static it means radio-sterio type situations but as good as Jakes is would they care?