Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   club precedent excel help (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=82869)

jbadon 07-14-2013 08:36 AM

club precedent excel help

Any thing I can do to this cart to make it quicker I have 205-30-14 on it gps says 16 to 17 mph so I assume I have speed setting 3 do I need to contact club car about a speed setting 4? And is their anything else for this cart I been searching but found really nothing

lockman1 07-15-2013 07:52 AM

Re: club precedent excel help

moved and courtesy bump :wink:

jbadon 07-15-2013 03:15 PM

Thanks

jakesnake27 07-15-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbadon (Post 907119)
Any thing I can do to this cart to make it quicker I have 205-30-14 on it gps says 16 to 17 mph so I assume I have speed setting 3 do I need to contact club car about a speed setting 4? And is their anything else for this cart I been searching but found really nothing

Speed code 4 will get you 19-20 mph. Anything past that will need a bigger controller, better motor, cables, etc.

jbadon 07-17-2013 12:33 PM

I will have to find some one in my area (lafayette la) I am getting 16 to 17 now

TahoeDawgZ71 07-17-2013 08:19 PM

I don't think the aftermarket world has come out with a controller for the Excel system yet. This system uses a different method of monitoring speed than does the IQ system. The easiest solution I've found is to order an IQ wire harness from a dealer and drop it into your cart. It's plug and play with every connector on your cart. After you do this, you'll be able to install any aftermarket IQ controller you'd like.

jbadon 07-20-2013 07:46 PM

Thank you tahoe dog after the harness swap will my cart then work with the magnet that goes into the motor for a few more mph? And what do you think is a better way to go buy 4 new 12v batteries or 6 8v batteries I guess the price would be about the same? What do yall think

TahoeDawgZ71 07-21-2013 05:20 PM

Yes and no.... That high speed magnet will work with the IQ system only. However, lots of the aftermarket controllers for the IQ system don't utilize the speed sensor at all, therefore it doesn't matter what magnet you have in it. If you've got a factory IQ controller, yes the magnet will help. Your factory Excel controller rejects it.

JMM_AZ 09-19-2013 06:45 PM

I own a golf cart business in the Phoenix area. There is a simple way to upgrade your speed using an Alltrax DCX controller made for the earlier IQ (non Excel controller) carts. Club Car has a harness available (103374901). In late 2008 when Club Car produced carts with either the Black IQ or Gray Excel controller, this was the factory harness used with the Black IQ controller. This is a factory harness. The cost is about $120. I use this harness frequently to upgrade the Excel carts for speed and performance. I normally see speeds in the 24-26 MPH range using this harness and an Alltrax controller. It is a pretty simple install.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-19-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMM_AZ (Post 933506)
I own a golf cart business in the Phoenix area. There is a simple way to upgrade your speed using an Alltrax DCX controller made for the earlier IQ (non Excel controller) carts. Club Car has a harness available (103374901). In late 2008 when Club Car produced carts with either the Black IQ or Gray Excel controller, this was the factory harness used with the Black IQ controller. This is a factory harness. The cost is about $120. I use this harness frequently to upgrade the Excel carts for speed and performance. I normally see speeds in the 24-26 MPH range using this harness and an Alltrax controller. It is a pretty simple install.

I completely agree with everything this dude said.:thumbup: