Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   not pulling gas and engine stumbles (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=3457)

dwmmatt23 02-10-2008 05:28 PM

not pulling gas and engine stumbles

well had cart running great for a few weeks then all of a sudden it started stumbling really bad like it wasny gettin fuel so got it in garage and jacked rear up and started it but couldnt keep it going, and i noticed not much fuel was pumping into fuel filter. can a clogged muffler cause this? was thinking bout a muffler bbq. or any suggestions?

ic746 02-10-2008 05:31 PM

Re: not pulling gas and engine stumbles

I had a BBQ on mine a few months ago and it helped mine I have a G1. It gave it more power and get up and go.

dwmmatt23 02-10-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ic746 (Post 51849)
I had a BBQ on mine a few months ago and it helped mine I have a G1. It gave it more power and get up and go.

when taking the muffler off and doing a bbq is there any special procedure or precautions i should take?

ic746 02-10-2008 07:57 PM

Hi there, I just done what they said to do on the board and that was to make sure you dont loose those 2 springs on each side of the muffler where it connects to the engine. And start a hot wood fire in a pit and just lay the muffler in it in a way that the exhaust pipe is aimed down so the crud will melt out. I burned mine for 3 hours, then took it out and waited until it cooled. Brushed it down to get the crud off and used BBQ black paint on it.

ic746 02-10-2008 07:58 PM

Almost forgot watch you dont loose the ring that is around the header pipe also.

Yamaha4life 02-11-2008 04:42 PM

Well I would say take your carb off and give it a good cleaning. Just about every engine that has your symptoms is simply the carb is dirty...

dwmmatt23 02-11-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamaha4life (Post 51957)
Well I would say take your carb off and give it a good cleaning. Just about every engine that has your symptoms is simply the carb is dirty...

carb was just gone through and cleaned, does this sound like something a fouled plug might do?

Yamaha4life 02-13-2008 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 (Post 51963)
carb was just gone through and cleaned, does this sound like something a fouled plug might do?

I personally dont think that the plug is your problem but it wouldnt hurt anything to take a look.

Have you ran out of gas recently? If you run out of gas somtimes it will draw the trash in the bottom of the tank through your lines causing them to get clogged...

You may also want to try running the cart without the airfilter and see what happens...