Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15466)

IMNFL 04-26-2009 01:02 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMNFL (Post 186873)
:lhmo: I like them DOT tires. :thumbup:

I know you switched them arter <after> it was inspected. Right! :roll:

Scubabud,Quote...

"LOL, nothing gets by you does it!"

Now, that got my attention. :oops: :oops: I can't spell.
No excuse. The "F" and the "T" ain't on the same row.

cat boat racer 04-26-2009 09:03 PM

I can explain the reflectors, when i went for the inspection all the auto parts store had were the ugliest, hoopty style. so after the inspection I took those off and before the new ones were installed I snapped a couple pics for you. As for the tires I just plain didnt want to spend the money for DOT's then buy the tires I really wanted, so I took a chance and it worked out OK for a change. The one I'm building next WILL be 100% for sure, Ive used all my luck getting mine passed ! :mrgreen:

IMNFL 04-26-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat boat racer (Post 187329)
I can explain the reflectors, when i went for the inspection all the auto parts store had were the ugliest, hoopty style. so after the inspection I took those off and before the new ones were installed I snapped a couple pics for you. As for the tires I just plain didnt want to spend the money for DOT's then buy the tires I really wanted, so I took a chance and it worked out OK for a change. The one I'm building next WILL be 100% for sure, Ive used all my luck getting mine passed ! :mrgreen:

Uh-huh! :thumbup:

scubabud 04-27-2009 06:19 PM

I'm still waiting for my windshield and seat belts to complete the LSV requirements. How are you coming Extractor and BRS?8)

Extractor 04-27-2009 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Once I figure out my frickin' wiring for my turn signal I can regain my sanity!!! This horn thingy is going to do me in.

On a less touchy note, I Just got the seat belts which I am confident I can install myself due to the lack of wires. Windshield should come tomorrow I hope. Once again, no wires there so easy installation :mrgreen:

Now, back to my wiring thread... see you there, Scuba and Ox!:help:

IMNFL 04-27-2009 08:50 PM

U can do it Ex Tractor! :thumbup:

I'm cheering for ya! :wav:

Somebody invent wireless lights for Karts.

OB

Extractor 04-27-2009 08:58 PM

I'm the reason they have inspections.

dirtysouth 04-28-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 188142)
I'm the reason they have inspections.

:shock: I thought it was O'Bill...:mrgreen::roll::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

IMNFL 04-28-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtysouth (Post 188240)
:shock: I thought it was O'Bill...:mrgreen::roll::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Somebody's been readin' my mail.

OCMonster 04-29-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishing Dude (Post 182217)
And WHY NOT?

Could it be that the Goldens wont pass emissions! :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Extractor 04-29-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCMonster (Post 189429)
Could it be that the Goldens wont pass emissions! :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

I think your cart just wet itself! Must have seen a CC! :lhmo:

nice paint job!

scubabud 04-30-2009 02:21 PM

Today I got my Stainless Manual Wiper Assembly, ($30 total with 3-4 day delivery,) and installed it on my fold down windshield for the time being until the Lexan gets in. Just drilled a 7/16th hold at the top of the windshield and installed it in about 5 minutes using a straight blade screwdriver to remove the handle and a bit of medium threadlocker once placed back on and it was done!

(Extractor, you can always put a small 7/16 plastic plug in your windshield after you get it inspected if you don’t like the wiper.)

Personally I like the way it looks… stainless and chrome... and it works! Now if I can ever get that FULL Lexan Windshield and those retractable seat belts delivered to me, (waiting for one of BGW sponsors to get them in,) I’ll be ready to take it for DOT inspection! Close but no cigar…:mrgreen:

BRS 04-30-2009 02:34 PM

Scuba,
Can you post of a pic of the wiper? I have two retract. belts...if you're in a hurry you can borrow them. BTW, found any place to ride.:thumbup:

scubabud 04-30-2009 02:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the offer BRS... very nice of you...:thumbup: but I'll still have to schedule the DOT appointment, (usually 3 week wait,) so hopefully I'll get the call the parts are in before that.

Here are a quick 4 pictures I just took... :mrgreen:

scubabud 04-30-2009 03:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And 4 more that might be better quality... windshield up and folded down plus inside view.

Jim C 04-30-2009 03:54 PM

You need to get some rat traps you got mice on that cart.:-P:-P

IMNFL 04-30-2009 04:28 PM

Scubabud. That came out great! :thumbup:

OCMonster 04-30-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 189592)
I think your cart just wet itself! Must have seen a CC! :lhmo:

nice paint job!

Thanks, I think! At least you didn't call it Ez-Junk!:lhmo::lhmo::thumbup:

scubabud 04-30-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMNFL (Post 190200)
Scubabud. That came out great! :thumbup:

And a big Thank You for your guidance OB!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::mrgreen:

scubabud 04-30-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C (Post 190122)
You need to get some rat traps you got mice on that cart.:-P:-P

Somebody’s got good eyes!!! Those pesky mice are going to be visited real soon!!! Got the hots for Minnie ya know :tongue9:

Extractor 04-30-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 190024)

(Extractor, you can always put a small 7/16 plastic plug in your windshield after you get it inspected if you don’t like the wiper.)

Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics. :thumbup:

scubabud 04-30-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 190319)
Scuba- looking good! You're the front runner now! Good idea about the windshield plug. I'm still waiting for my windshield also. Need the wiper like yours (pm sent). I'm almost there too (almost meaning 3-4 weeks).
great pics, always like pics. :thumbup:

I'm still weeks away as well, between getting the last parts in and installed and the DOT inspection.

Trust me, those pictures don't really show how nice that wiper looks. When I get a chance I'll get the cart outside and take a couple more.

I've also got a couple of custom Chrome plated aluminum brackets from one of my previous Harleys to mount the seat belts to, (front and rear retractors,) once I get them. Hopefully they'll work but if not I'm mount them to the rear seat rail. Hey, we're getting closer! :mrgreen:

rcdd 05-01-2009 01:51 PM

Found this.....

http://www.iihs.org/laws/LowSpeedVehicles.aspx

FRATT70 05-01-2009 10:22 PM

Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.

scubabud 05-01-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRATT70 (Post 190872)
Hey guys, great thread. I was wondering, you guys mentioned several times that they check to make sure that it is an electric cart. Is there a specific reason that they only allow electric? We have been having problems here on the east coast of florida and the cops are saying that we will get a $124 ticket for riding our golf carts and atv's on the dirt roads in our area. I am trying to find info on making my gas workhorse a "farm vehicle" or a LSV. thanks for any info.

It must be an Electric Golf Cart ONLY. It's in the Florida Statues as such. Sorry :|

"In Florida and other states, there are specific LSV, NEV and golf cart laws and regulations governing the usage and construction of street legal golf carts, or low speed vehicles (LSV). Defined by Florida Statute 320.01(42) as “any four-wheeled electric vehicles whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour,” low speed vehicles include NEV or neighborhood electric vehicles. Golf carts that are not considered LSV's are prohibited from operation on roads with a few exceptions detailed in s. 316.212. As with motor vehicles, low speed vehicles are subject to a license tax, which is the same as that prescribed in Florida Statute s. 320.08- for non-electrically powered vehicles."

FRATT70 05-02-2009 10:53 AM

Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )

scubabud 05-02-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRATT70 (Post 191026)
Thanks scubabud might just have to get the wife an electric. : )

Great idea... and if she doesn't like it just leave it at my house :mrgreen:

scubabud 05-02-2009 07:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

watch out Minnie... :mrgreen:

BRS 05-03-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 191131)
Got some better pictures of the side view mirror, side and rear reflectors and also the manual wiper...

My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!:thumbup:

scubabud 05-03-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRS (Post 191388)
My family can't wait to go back to "The Fort", we are planning a trip in June for the kids B-Days. No place better!:thumbup:

BRS,

I hear ya! This is our 7th time in 2 years at the Fort and now that they opened up the Premium sites which are deeper and wider, it's alot easier to get in and out. Do you bring both of your carts when you're up here? 8)

BRS 05-03-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 191536)
BRS,

I hear ya! This is our 7th time in 2 years at the Fort and now that they opened up the Premium sites which are deeper and wider, it's alot easier to get in and out. Do you bring both of your carts when you're up here? 8)

If Nana goes with us..we bring both carts, I bought the Precedent for mom. Otherwise my wife pulls the cart with my pickup and I pull the travel trailer. It's a small inconvenience...two vehicles and all. Once your there, you're glad you made the effort. I'll let you know when we're going just in case you have another trip in ya. :thumbup:

Extractor 05-06-2009 07:55 PM

Scuba- you get your windshield yet? I got my invoice but no windshield... gonna call them tomorrow.

scubabud 05-06-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 193727)
Scuba- you get your windshield yet? I got my invoice but no windshield... gonna call them tomorrow.

Tom from CCP called me today and took my CC for the windshield and seat belts. They should be coming shortly along with an email confirmation which I didn't get yet. I asked him to PM you and let you know the windshields are IN!:mrgreen:

Extractor 05-07-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 193749)
Tom from CCP called me today and took my CC for the windshield and seat belts. They should be coming shortly along with an email confirmation which I didn't get yet. I asked him to PM you and let you know the windshields are IN!:mrgreen:

Thanks! He PM'd me asking if I wanted to buy one :shock: so I got nervous that he lost my order and called them up... just to be sure. THey said it was drop shipped and I should have it by now...they're checking on it. Can't wait for this thing to finally get here! WIper should be on my porch when I get home... hard to install wiper first, isn't it!

Need to put some reflective tape/side markers on the vehicle also... guess autoparts store will have that tape...

getting there :thumbup:

Extractor 05-07-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 191131)

Scuba- where did you get your convex side mirror? It's nice and small and great location. All the sponsors seem to have mirrors that look too large.

scubabud 05-07-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extractor (Post 194062)
Scuba- where did you get your convex side mirror? It's nice and small and great location. All the sponsors seem to have mirrors that look too large.

I got it at our local CC Dealer for 11.99 + tax. It's stainless steel as well! We like it so much we're getting another one for the other side. Installed it without drilling any extra holes, just attached it to the top's hold down bolt.:mrgreen:

Extractor 05-07-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubabud (Post 194084)
I got it at our local CC Dealer for 11.99 + tax. It's stainless steel as well! We like it so much we're getting another one for the other side. Installed it without drilling any extra holes, just attached it to the top's hold down bolt.:mrgreen:

:thumbup:

IMNFL 05-07-2009 03:13 PM

Extractor,
Check your local Wally World.
I found the reflective tape there for a whole lot less after I paid top dollar + at Parts Store.
Jus' lettin' ya no!
OB

Fishing Dude 05-07-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMNFL (Post 194273)
Extractor,
Check your local Wally World.
I found the reflective tape there for a whole lot less after I paid top dollar + at Parts Store.
Jus' lettin' ya no!
OB

Could have sent you some in snail mail. Sorry don't follow this thread close. If anyone needs some ask I have several rolls, and can get more cheep.

IMNFL 05-07-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishing Dude (Post 194276)
Could have sent you some in snail mail. Sorry don't follow this thread close. If anyone needs some ask I have several rolls, and can get more cheep.

Ya can't beat that! :thumbup: