Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15466)

Swan 03-17-2019 08:03 PM

Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan4mbenz (Post 1596425)
$60 a year?!? Are you sure you got a quote for a Low speed vehicle (LSV) or did you get a price for a golf cart? There is a difference. $60 a year seems way low!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it lows , thats golf cart coverage . Im running around $300 for 6 months

bdsax 03-18-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan4mbenz (Post 1596425)
$60 a year?!? Are you sure you got a quote for a Low speed vehicle (LSV) or did you get a price for a golf cart? There is a difference. $60 a year seems way low!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told them I was making it a LSV for driving on the road and registering. Called again and gave them my serial number, still same price

Mooncarter 03-18-2019 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster59 (Post 1496155)
Wow, $300 for six months? That's what it costs for my 2010 F250 in east central Missouri. My agent added "financial liability" insurance for our cart for $50 a year. And it reduced our car and pickup insurance by $84 a year total. It saved us money to insure the cart.

Those prices seem ridiculous to me too. :shock:

Swan 03-19-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdsax (Post 1596811)
I told them I was making it a LSV for driving on the road and registering. Called again and gave them my serial number, still same price

the serial number no longer gets used, you get a 17 digit VIN number when titled as a low speed vehicle.

Naples Native 03-20-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 1596906)
the serial number no longer gets used, you get a 17 digit VIN number when titled as a low speed vehicle.

Yep. Once you have a VIN#, registration and tag.. it is insured as any other vehicle on the road. And the insurance is priced as so, just another car on the road now.

easydoesit 09-16-2019 01:52 PM

You are obligated to pay insurance for the rest of the time you own the golf cart after you convert to street legal. If you sell, the new owner must resume the same responsibility. If you stop making insurance payments, your license will be suspended. Way to much of a financial obligation and commitment for a golf cart IMO.

alchemy 09-16-2019 03:13 PM

you mean as long as it's registered/plated, right? If you don't register it you don't need insurance then right? But of course you can't drive it on the road.
I'm registering/insuring 5 vehicles right now. I get bonded through, well it was Alfa Insurance now it's something that ends in x. I pay around 300 per year for all or anything I drive or anything I own that someone else drives (that's a little secret you have to dig for because they don't want to tell you that). It's only liability though but that's fine for me and I also have some very expensive sports cars. It makes me drive like it would be the end if I wrecked. I do all my own work except body work. This is Ohio. If you call around asking about insurance bonding they'll keep thinking you mean the bond for drunk drivers because only a couple do this now. Other insurance companies hate it.
The state made me prove I had insurance 3 times in random mailing and it works.

Swan 09-16-2019 10:09 PM

you take the vin # & plate off of it and its goes back to being a golf cart . You can sell as a GC or as a LSV with a title .

Newbuggyboy 10-02-2019 04:23 PM

My cart is an ezgo 2five. It is street legal in Florida.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y6...Yx4QxRONbadN7o

Nickelpede 10-12-2019 06:35 AM

Nice cart! Thanks for sharing the video.