Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New lift rusting already (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=160611)

zingerbateman 02-01-2020 06:25 PM

New lift rusting already

2 Attachment(s)
I haven’t even been able to use my cart since installing lift and it’s already rusting! Disappointed ☹️

Pauldeere 02-01-2020 08:29 PM

Re: New lift rusting already

The quality of some aftermarket parts leaves a lot to be desired.

StoveBolt 02-01-2020 08:38 PM

Patina. :thumbup:

dundeebarnbuggy 02-01-2020 08:49 PM

You call that rust??:lhmo: Seriously though, since the seam wasn't fully welded, it is very difficult to get paint or even powdercoat to seal the surfaces where the 2 parts meet. The simple solution is to just spray the assembly with oil or fluidfilm as it will soak into the joints and prevent further rusting.:thumbup:

trig123 02-01-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zingerbateman (Post 1687183)
I haven’t even been able to use my cart since installing lift and it’s already rusting! Disappointed ☹️

Instead of posting negative things here about this product why not call the company ?
From the little I have had to deal with these people they have been nothing but great.
Actually I probably wouldn't worry about such a small thing but if it did bother me I would call them instead of posting here. My 2 cents

Mooncarter 02-01-2020 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy (Post 1687209)
You call that rust??:lhmo: Seriously though, since the seam wasn't fully welded, it is very difficult to get paint or even powdercoat to seal the surfaces where the 2 parts meet. The simple solution is to just spray the assembly with oil or fluidfilm as it will soak into the joints and prevent further rusting.:thumbup:

I was gonna say something similar. Naked metal will show surface rust overnight. Hit it with something and shoot some paint on it. No big deal.

Mooncarter 02-01-2020 09:49 PM

I don't mean to give you a hard time about this ZB. I know when you buy something new that's what you expect. New.

But, the next time you go to Lowes or Home Depot, look closely at the riding mowers, trailers etc. You will see little spots like that on most everything.

CP241 02-01-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trig123 (Post 1687217)
Instead of posting negative things here about this product why not call the company ?
From the little I have had to deal with these people they have been nothing but great.
Actually I probably wouldn't worry about such a small thing but if it did bother me I would call them instead of posting here. My 2 cents

I'd have to agree. The times I've called them or dealt with them, theyve been nothing but courteous, professional, and gone above and beyond to help.

zingerbateman 02-02-2020 07:08 AM

You’re right. I will spray it to slow down rust. They are a great company and don’t deserve any negativity. I apologize.

DaveTM 02-02-2020 08:53 AM

Use spray on Rusteolum paint....in black. That stuff clings on and prevents rust for....well maybe.....thousands of years.