Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Members Rides (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Little red! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=161418)

Andy4639 03-07-2020 10:37 PM

Little red!

5 Attachment(s)
I haven't done much in the way of golf carts lately but I couldn't pass this one up. I have been wanting another cool cart ever since I sold the Woodie back in August to my cousin!
So I went and got it in the pouring down rain this past week. I been working on it all week.
Its just stock 36 volts right now but it will be getting some mods later down the road if I keep it long enough!
I've already done a few minor personal changes. Changed the steering wheel, F/R handle is in the floor now like I did the Woodie. New windshield. More padding in the seats. Going to try and figure out a new throttle for it. To make it a little more comfortable on my foot. Oh going to add 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes to it also.
:thumbup:

jclark138 03-07-2020 10:57 PM

Re: Little red!

Looks like a darn good start! :thumbup:

Andy4639 03-07-2020 11:14 PM

Thanks, going to be a beach cruiser this summer for the beach house. Tried to get the radio to work but it was not having it. They had wired all four speakers up to only 2 speakers. They ran two sets of wires to each. I just took it out and will use a blue tooth speaker with my phone I guess. :thumbup:

Swan 03-07-2020 11:36 PM

thats just to cool

Mooncarter 03-07-2020 11:58 PM

Cool ride!

Kit or one of a kind?

TheNewGuy 03-08-2020 08:13 AM

I love it!! :thumbup:

joe58 03-08-2020 09:24 AM

Very nice, love that body style, looks like someone put a lot of work into it. Looks like it might be a little cramped if 6'+ also might be a little warm at the beach.

jakesnake27 03-08-2020 01:26 PM

Very cool Andy! :thumbup:

Jaybird18 03-08-2020 05:30 PM

That's a nice looking cart

Andy4639 03-09-2020 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe58 (Post 1695890)
Very nice, love that body style, looks like someone put a lot of work into it. Looks like it might be a little cramped if 6'+ also might be a little warm at the beach.

Thanks guy's,
It's a tight fit for sure. I'm 5-9 and it's tight.
It's all stock 36 volts right now and only runs 12-15 MPH depending on if your going down hill are not. You can take a turn in it at that speed it handles like a go cart!

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I went out to the garage and did some more work on it.

I started yesterday changing the gas pedal out.
The EZGO gas pedal was tough to keep pushed at the angle they had it so I took it out and used the billet pedal a friend gave me about six months ago. It's much easier. I made a cable tube out of some brake line I had. I double flared the one end and drilled the fire wall and shoved it through. I put a small clamp on the other side to hold it tight. It works great. Added a spring to pull it back when you let off the pedal. No binding at all.

I also hooked up a micro switch over the brake pedal for the brake lights. I like having brake lights at the beach.
I also took some of the floor mat and secured it on the passenger side of the F/R switch so nobody would get a surprise if they accidently touched it wrong.
:thumbup: