Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Largest Wheel size on standard height precedent. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=66554)

kvl1027 06-30-2012 08:35 PM

Largest Wheel size on standard height precedent.

I tried running a search on the forum, but couldn't find any clear answers. What is the largest wheel/tire combination you can fit on a CC Precedent @ standard height?

I have no need to lift my cart as I am going to mostly be using it to play golf and cruise streets around my neighborhood. I may consider going with a 3" lift in the future, but right now I want to keep it low.

erict 06-30-2012 08:54 PM

Re: Largest Wheel size on standard height precedent.

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kvl1027 (Post 743945)
I tried running a search on the forum, but couldn't find any clear answers. What is the largest wheel/tire combination you can fit on a CC Precedent @ standard height?

I have no need to lift my cart as I am going to mostly be using it to play golf and cruise streets around my neighborhood. I may consider going with a 3" lift in the future, but right now I want to keep it low.

There are a few 12" wheels you can use without any modification. I installed 10" on mine as I still wanted to keep the ride quality less bumpy. A 12" wheel has a very small sidewall so it's a stiffer/bumpier ride. Here are my 10" wheels.

Attachment 69023

Plasterface 07-01-2012 06:33 PM

Probabl 12 inch wheels with low profile tires taht would keep tghe actual tire size the same height as stock, that what I have in mine. Not as much clearance in the Precedents compared to the DS carts. Also probably need 0 offset otherwise will stick out of wheel well which might require a lift.

hanny 07-01-2012 11:09 PM

if you are gonna go with 12's the ride quality will be poor compared to 10's. You will have to have a pretty short tire and those low profiles ride ruff.

I have 20.5's on 10 inch rims and they hit just barely wheel fully cranked. but man the ride is soooooooo nice because the sidewall is tall. The tires are a huge part of the "suspension" really. Short side wall ruff ride, tall sidewall smooth ride

Plasterface 07-02-2012 10:17 AM

Not only is the ride stiffe but you really have to be careful on low profiles when you fo over small curbs as you can scuff your rims much more easily.

I have 12's on my DS cart with low profile tires and I also have heavy duty leaf springs, talk about a stiff ride. Use it on the golf course and around neighborhood. I really do not mind the stiffness.

I have a stock Precedent with 10's and that cart is smooth, but if I decided to use that cart I would get 12's for it, just like the looks so much more that I am willing to sacrifice.

Two Aces 12-08-2018 11:23 PM

Does this mean that you have two golf carts?

NoleFan4Ever 12-08-2018 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Aces (Post 1566630)
Does this mean that you have two golf carts?

Plasterface hasn't been on since 2013.....:shock: