Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No solenoid click, no power charging (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=61470)

computerguy989 03-16-2012 10:18 AM

No solenoid click, no power charging

I'm trying to diagnose why my car no longer moves are charges. I washed the cart after a long trip in it (around 10 miles) and when I got back in it to move it back inside it would no longer move.

Each battery tests within spec (each battery is around 6.2-6.3 volts) but for the entire array of batteries when with the throttle fully depressed comes to 1.5 volts. The throttle clicks when depressing it but I am not hearing a click from the solenoid. Battery charger also does not work.

Could this be the F&R switch or solenoid?

simple man 03-16-2012 10:26 AM

Re: No solenoid click, no power charging

Check your cable connections. Sounds like one or more need a good cleaning! :mrgreen:

JohnnieB 03-16-2012 10:56 AM

First of all, dry everything thoroughly. Use a leaf blower or hairdryer to speed up things.

Second, identify what type cart and charger you have.

Then we'll go from there if just letting it get dry doesn't solve the problems.

computerguy989 03-16-2012 12:28 PM

I have a 2006 EZGO TXT golf cart (non PDS, series)

All of the connections are dry and have been clean and I am still having the same problem

One thing that happened after I washed the cart and it didn't move was the fact that then I would try to put it into reverse it would sound the buzzer but it would be alot more faint then usual, like it was depleting the last of the charge though the lines. I let if go for an hour and came back and the buzzer never came back on. Buzzer still does not come on.

I am using a Powerwise Qe charger. It does not click or show me any errors when I plug it in.

JohnnieB 03-17-2012 06:05 AM

What is the battery pack voltage?

If it is below about 30V, you'll have to use a 12V car battery charger and charge the 6V batteries in pairs to get the pack voltage high enough for the QE to turn on.

scottyb 03-17-2012 07:32 AM

The way I read this> Each battery tests within spec (each battery is around 6.2-6.3 volts) but for the entire array of batteries when with the throttle fully depressed comes to 1.5 volts. The throttle clicks when depressing it but I am not hearing a click from the solenoid. Battery charger also does not work. is a connection problem. Try this test again and see if you don't get a different reading ... I think that reading is too low to be good?