Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   97 CC 48v not running (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=133417)

Samteryx 08-07-2017 08:54 AM

97 CC 48v not running

I have a 97 48v that im having a time with,It will not run .I have 50v across the pack,load tested all batteries, key switch good,reverse buzzer working charger working,i hear a click from the accelerator switch.This model has the rocker switch and no tow/run switch it also has the controller with a 12 wire plug up into it.I bought the cart used and it has a neg feed wire to the solenoid on the pass side,that same solenoid has a jumper cable across the large terminals.This cart also has the large resister coil coming off the middle solenoid with green and white cables.Any ideas of what to check next?

Samteryx 08-07-2017 09:16 AM

Re: 97 CC 48v not running

I forgot to add that this cart has been great for 3 years no issues and the motor will run when jumped straight from the batteries.

NoleFan4Ever 08-07-2017 05:44 PM

That is a Regen 1 cart - Ouch!! To be sure, would need to see a pic of the controller. (At best it is still a regen 2)

They were notorious for controller issues (And a lot more!!)

Others can chime in on more ideas....

Samteryx 08-08-2017 06:36 AM

It has the t shaped controller gen 1 I suppose. I tried the yellow wire to ground and blue and white wires together. I tried white wire from controller to A2 on the motor and NOTHING.Whats my next step?

NoleFan4Ever 08-08-2017 07:03 AM

When you say a jumper cable across the large terminals are you referring to a precharge resistor or it is actually jumped with a heavy cable?

And have you been able to get the main solenoid/contactor to click or close in and pass current through it?

Pictures of all this would really help.

Samteryx 08-08-2017 01:23 PM

The solenoid has a heavy cable connecting the posts(basically bypassing it)

Samteryx 08-08-2017 01:24 PM

I don't hear any clicks and 48v+ is always running to the yellow cable

joesam 08-08-2017 02:02 PM

On a Gen 1 controller (without a bypassed main solenoid), the controller powers-up the main solenoid and you would hear a distinct CLICK. If you remove that solenoid jumper, test the small gauge wires for 48v when you turn the key switch. If there is 48v when you turn the key - then a prior owner bypassed a failed solenoid (bad idea - it's a safety thing).

More likely there is no voltage on the small wires when you turn the key; and that tells you that your controller has already had a partial failure of one of it's primary functions.

The above statement assumes that the bypassed solenoid is the one WITHOUT the coiled wire resistor...correct?

NoleFan4Ever 08-08-2017 02:33 PM

Yeah, I think you are back to a controller issue as we first cited. Those are no longer made that I know of.....

There are upgrade kits out there to adapt it.

Samteryx 08-09-2017 06:50 AM

Yes the jumpered solenoid is the main one not the one going to the brake coil.