Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2006 48V Club Precedent install Madjax Convertor (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=113925)

eonlinepro 01-09-2016 11:44 PM

2006 48V Club Precedent install Madjax Convertor

My wife wanted her golf cart refurbished and radio installed in her golf cart for Christmas. I really didn't know what I was getting into so I could use some help. I've already repainted the entire body and replaced all screws and batteries. Now, it's the final touches on the electronics.

I now understand about voltage conversion, and have purchased a madjax MU1230 48v convertor along with a 6 system fuse block by Sea Systems since I may as well install some headlights and a USB charging port.

I'm almost done but can't figure out how to:

1. The 48V reducer is connected to the positive on battery 1 and negative on battery 6. (Battery 1 is under driver) and then the output on the reducer goes into the fuse block but then this is 16v. The reducer says it is a 48V convertor system so I think I need to find an input from all the batteries vs. only two. How do I do this?

2. How does one wire the madjax into the key switch?

3. The Sea System block has a negative connection but madjax doesn't have an output. I tied both negatives into a negative battery connection. Is this correct?

Once above is done, my guess is now I go ahead and wire up the accessories to the sea system fuse block.

Can I get some expert help here? I've already repainted everything and really need to finish this project before my wife makes me sleep in the garage next weekend. :help:

mrgolf 01-10-2016 09:12 AM

Re: 2006 48V Club Precedent install Madjax Convertor

Your number one battery is the one that has the pos. Cable going to your solenoid. Your number six battery is the one that has the neg. cable going through the obc to your controller. Hook the input for your voltage reducer to those cables. That should make it work.

eonlinepro 01-10-2016 10:12 AM

Thanks MrGolf!

I double checked and confirmed I used the right terminals on batteries 1 & 6. However, the madjax reducer instructions say I either have to have a constant power input or variable power by wiring into the keyswitch it work.

I now need help on how to wire input from the keyswitch or variable power source. Is there an easier way than going all the way to the key switch directly?

The madjax reducer instructions are below:

wwwmymadjaxcom/Shop-by-Category/charges-and-power/MJ1230C.html

mrgolf 01-10-2016 10:44 AM

OK if this were mine I would connect the black wire to the black terminal block located near the obc, and controller. It is connected to the controller neg. cable.
I would connect the yellow to the solenoid cable where the main battery pos. Cable connects on that post.

I would connect the green to the small light blue wire post on the solenoid. It is powered from the key switch.

Red wire is for 12 volt output that you want to turn on off with key switch.

The blue is for things you want to have 12 volts going to all the time like radio memory, etc.

eonlinepro 01-10-2016 11:45 PM

Well, I am almost there. The USB charging port and fancy headlights work thanks to MrGolf. I have tested all wires and I have steady power throughout.

However, I do need help still with the radio. It is a cheap car radio with a red power, yellow ignition switch wire and a black ground. I have tried a couple options but they don't seem to work.

How do I wire the radio from the madjax 12v reducer? What do I do with the yellow ignition switch wire? Do I connect the radio black wire to the madjax negative or to a battery terminal?

Any ideas to finish this off would be much appreciated.

-Kevlar- 01-11-2016 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eonlinepro (Post 1232410)
Well, I am almost there. The USB charging port and fancy headlights work thanks to MrGolf. I have tested all wires and I have steady power throughout.

However, I do need help still with the radio. It is a cheap car radio with a red power, yellow ignition switch wire and a black ground. I have tried a couple options but they don't seem to work.

How do I wire the radio from the madjax 12v reducer? What do I do with the yellow ignition switch wire? Do I connect the radio black wire to the madjax negative or to a battery terminal?

Any ideas to finish this off would be much appreciated.

you will connect your main power wire from the radio to the red wire from the converter. the yellow wire you will connect to the madjax blue wire. the radio black you will connect to a negative battery terminal.