Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2014 non OBC Precedent and I知 thinking about doing an Alltrax 500 install.. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147246)

twilliams81 10-22-2018 09:33 PM

2014 non OBC Precedent and I知 thinking about doing an Alltrax 500 install..

I知 thinking about getting Scotty B痴 setup but just have some questions first. First of all..has anyone done this on the non OBC carts? Next..I知 going to keep the stock motor so what kind of top speed and torque can I expect with it. Also would I need to upgrade anything other than the solenoid and battery cables? This doesn稚 look like a difficult upgrade and I知 sure it痴 been covered In The forums before but I figured I壇 ask anyway so if nothing else it can be a current thread for anyone else considering doing this. Thanks in advance for any and all info! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonr3 10-23-2018 09:35 AM

Re: 2014 non OBC Precedent and I知 thinking about doing an Alltrax 500 install..

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilliams81 (Post 1552669)
I’m thinking about getting Scotty B’s setup but just have some questions first. First of all..has anyone done this on the non OBC carts? Next..I’m going to keep the stock motor so what kind of top speed and torque can I expect with it. Also would I need to upgrade anything other than the solenoid and battery cables? This doesn’t look like a difficult upgrade and I’m sure it’s been covered In The forums before but I figured I’d ask anyway so if nothing else it can be a current thread for anyone else considering doing this. Thanks in advance for any and all info! [emoji1360][emoji1360]

I did the XCT500, 400A solenoid, 2ga. cables, and Alltrax FNKS on my '14 Precedent. Installation was pretty straightforward with no big surprises.

I'm running 22" tires and was getting around 22 - 24 mph on a flat surface with not a very noticeable difference in torque.

Last weekend I installed a PQ Executioner that puts me around 30 mph with a noticeable increase in torque - went from 14 mph up a hill to 18 mph up the same hill.

scottyb 10-23-2018 09:46 AM

You do not need the XCT500 for a stock motor. I put the XCT300 on my 2014 Precedent and it zipped right up to 23 mph on stock 18" tires... then we put the FSIP speed motor in and hit 32 mph... 27.5 when limiting the rpms to 6000 with the Alltrax software.
XCT400 with the 200 solenoid would be a good middle ground upgrade.
Hope this helps

twilliams81 10-23-2018 09:53 AM

Thanks Scotty I was thinking about going with the 500 for future motor upgrade purposes. I値l be calling you in the near future for the order!