Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Reverse buzzer sound cart stops (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157745)

Goober11 10-04-2019 05:55 PM

Reverse buzzer sound cart stops

I have a 2006 CC DS IQ. At times when in forward the buzzer will sound an cart will stop. Pack voltage is 50.1 ( old batteries). You can work the F/R switch and it will pick up and go. It is intermittent. We’re do I need to start testing.:roll:

mrgolf 10-04-2019 06:12 PM

Re: Reverse buzzer sound cart stops

Sounds like FNR switch is bad and loosing contact. When that happen the cart thinks it is rolling away and the buzzer sounds. That's my guess.:thumbup:

Goober11 10-04-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgolf (Post 1658722)
Sounds like FNR switch is bad and loosing contact. When that happen the cart thinks it is rolling away and the buzzer sounds. That's my guess.:thumbup:

Thanks Mrgolf. I think I read that you could take them apart and check for corrosion. The cart is out side at a campground.

mrgolf 10-04-2019 09:12 PM

Not sure about taking them apart, would be easy to just hook the center wire and the forward wire to test it. I think they are just a single pole double throw switch. Not much current on it so you should be able to find a switch almost anywhere.

Golf cart guy 10-04-2019 09:58 PM

Are you sure it is a 06?

LukeL 10-04-2019 10:05 PM

Even old batteries that are fully charged should rest above 50.1. Your batteries might be totally shot...

Goober11 10-05-2019 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf cart guy (Post 1658754)
Are you sure it is a 06?

Yes it is a 06.

Goober11 10-05-2019 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeL (Post 1658760)
Even old batteries that are fully charged should rest above 50.1. Your batteries might be totally shot...

Yes LukeL I think they have seen there better days. This is a cart I sold and told them that the batteries would need replacing soon. My last through summer IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM. Well you know how that went!!!!!
Just trying to help them. I have a switch that was working when I pulled it off. Will install that for them.

Fairtax4me 10-05-2019 10:17 PM

Sounds more like the microswitch in the MCOR going bad. Unplug the two pin connector on the MCOR, and jump the wires together with a paper clip. Tape around it so it can’t touch anything. Drive it and see if you still get the same issue.

Goober11 10-06-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairtax4me (Post 1658953)
Sounds more like the microswitch in the MCOR going bad. Unplug the two pin connector on the MCOR, and jump the wires together with a paper clip. Tape around it so it can’t touch anything. Drive it and see if you still get the same issue.

Thanks Fairtax. They said it does not do it all the time? Will drive it and see if I can get it to come on so I can test a few thinks.