Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   old club car brake issue (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=8437)

idleaire87 09-19-2008 02:43 AM

old club car brake issue

I work at idle aire and we use a old club car to go around the lot. tonight when i came in to work my boss told me to be careful because the brakes arent working well so when i started driving it i noticed that it only locked up the front wheels and it makes a pop/click noise when the brakes start to grab. im not sure what the problem is but i would like to fix it the cheapest way possible

the brakes do slow it down but like i said above they old seem to hold strong in the front not the rear and when u push the pedal it pops about half way down and its very easy to slide the front tires

any help would b appreciated

thank you

tim

shadowman 09-19-2008 02:04 PM

Re: old club car brake issue

you sure it has front brakes? most old carts and even new ones don,t have front brakes...........start by pulling the wheels and see what condition the shoes are in they may just need cleaned and adjusted or the shoes replaced......also check the brake cables to make sure they arn,t hanging up.................................8)

rusty 09-19-2008 03:31 PM

Welcome to the forum idleaire87......................

idleaire87 09-20-2008 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowman (Post 95739)
you sure it has front brakes? most old carts and even new ones don,t have front brakes...........start by pulling the wheels and see what condition the shoes are in they may just need cleaned and adjusted or the shoes replaced......also check the brake cables to make sure they arn,t hanging up.................................8)

im positive it has front breaks cuz we beat the hell outta this thing at work n it locks up all four but thx it seems like it pulling the cable thru a bracket or something i dno i havent had time to look

idleaire87 09-23-2008 01:01 AM

i just realized today that its only the left side brakes working the right side just rolls i dno what could of caused that to happen

shadowman 09-23-2008 09:32 AM

if it has 4 wheel brakes it has to have a hydrulic system and if so it might have an equilizer.....master cylinder.........brake lines and hoses........i,m fascinated can you post pics?..........................................8)