Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can I put staple on seat covers with the Precedent? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=69187)

HeyJude 08-21-2012 09:02 PM

Can I put staple on seat covers with the Precedent?

I would love to put nicer seat covers on my CC Precedent. But, I was told I couldn't put the covers on, that I have to replace the whole seat, is this true?
And why would it be so?
Thanks so much,
JudeAnn

TahoeDawgZ71 08-21-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Can I put staple on seat covers with the Precedent?

You have to cover the existing seat and wrap the fabric back all the way around the plastic backing and staple it into that.

kgsc 08-21-2012 09:08 PM

As long as the material is long enough you can staple them on. Mine were..

DOH, David beat me too it :lhmo::lhmo:

HeyJude 08-21-2012 09:39 PM

Was it difficult?

TahoeDawgZ71 08-21-2012 09:40 PM

I don't know I've never done it. We sub-contract all of our upholstery jobs.

kgsc 08-21-2012 09:42 PM

Not for me, I handed them the old seat and they handed me one already done.. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

kgsc 08-21-2012 10:06 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist. Was going to do it myself but asked the place where I bought the material what they would charge to do it because they do hundreds.. I think it was $15 more.. I don't mind doing the work but for that and I know it was right, worth it to me and it was done. Took it home and put it on the cart and opened a beer.

lowrider 08-22-2012 08:34 AM

I bet that was agood beer!!!:thumbup:

SC Carts 08-22-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeyJude (Post 766387)
Was it difficult?

We do all of our own in house upholstery and it is not difficult if you take your time and work the fabric around the seat ensuring there are no wrinkles. We use an electric stapler it makes it easier to hold things in place, but a hand one will work as well.

We typically start at the middle point of the front of the seat and tack a couple staples in, from there we move directly across the seat to the rear and tack a couple in there, at point you will need to pull on the seat cover to get the fabric nice and smooth. The idea is to try and pull the same amount of pressure on the fabric as you staple along, this will give you an even looking seat. From that point we then go directly on to the sides in the center and tack a couple staples in them, then from there we work our way tacking all the material on working back and forth to keep the wrinkles out.

It's not hard if you take your time and do it right!

Absolut Yak 08-22-2012 10:08 AM

KGSC, where did you get your seat redone?