Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Game On (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=32437)

lbx5 05-02-2010 05:18 PM

Game On

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all, just brought home a club car that i paid 175 for with a Lester charger. I plugged in the charger and the voltage read 43.1 so i am guessing that iss good. i checked the prices online and there not cheap so i think i got my moneys worth with this cart, a lot of work ahead.

From the stickys i have figured out this much A= DS (whatever that means) 86 is the model year and 28 is the 28th week of the year build. A8628xxxxxx

i did not waste anytime tearing it down and i knew it has been under water. i plan to get the frame cleaned up for a start. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance and here are some pics. :thumbup: to the start of a new build

scottyb 05-02-2010 06:46 PM

Re: Game On

Since you have it all stripped down there is no sense putting all those silly solnoids back on it...... convert to 36 or 48v solid state :thumbup:

lbx5 05-02-2010 07:23 PM

is there a parts list out there anywhere i can get a hold of?

scottyb 05-02-2010 07:46 PM

A parts list for 36 or 48?

lbx5 05-02-2010 08:06 PM

it is a 36 volt and what does DS stand for?

Frizbgolf 05-02-2010 10:51 PM

DS is just the body style

lbx5 05-03-2010 11:50 AM

ok, i have found the solenoids and coils but what i havent found is the switch box (for lack of knowledge). it hooks to the accelerator linkage, anyone know what that part name is and who sells them? if you look at the 3rd picture its the box with the red caps on the end.

lbx5 05-13-2010 09:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The cart is coming along and for being under water im pretty pleased. The motor is good no shorts and the commutator has been turned and brushes are good. the back needs two bushings and shocks. The front just needs shocks. soon the wiring begins. Here are a few pics of the refreshed cart.:mrgreen:

Questions are: what kind of oil to run in the case and where can i get shocks?

gornoman 05-13-2010 10:00 PM

Hey, neighbor. If I were you, and I was buying all new stuff anyway, I would forget about all those solenoids and resistor coils and convert this cart to a controller. It might even be cheaper, and you will have a MUCH BETTER CART. I can see where this is headed, and at the end of the project you're gonna have a bitchin' cart with an ANTIQUE drivetrain. If that's what you want however..........

lbx5 05-14-2010 08:06 AM

how would i convert it to a controller cart and im all about cheaper, do tell? thanks