Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   PDS back up Alarm (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=23999)

hitmanharleyk 10-01-2009 10:07 PM

PDS back up Alarm

I know you guys think I'm gonna ask how to disconnect the thing, but I'm not going to :mrgreen:

Mine works most of the time but occasionally it doesn't, what could cause this other than a loose wire ?

By the way,
I have a foam ear plug stuffed in it and it taped over with Duct Tape to keep it at a bearable level.

dougmcp 10-02-2009 10:54 AM

Re: PDS back up Alarm

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk (Post 291361)
Mine works most of the time but occasionally it doesn't, what could cause this other than a loose wire ?

Microswitch or loose wire/connection.

mikesmotortoys 10-02-2009 10:57 AM

Could it be that the earplug and tape have held in some moisture? There won't be a reverse micro on the PDS model, so I suspect the buzzer / connection itself:thumbup:

BTW - nice "fakie' THREAD TITLE - :lhmo::lhmo:

dougmcp 10-02-2009 11:01 AM

Oops, missed the PDS, wasn't thinking, I have a series cart that the beeper runs through the micro. :banghead:

mikesmotortoys 10-02-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmcp (Post 291517)
Oops, missed the PDS, wasn't thinking, I have a series cart that the beeper runs through the micro. :banghead:

It's early - don't bang your hear too much - :lhmo::lhmo:

dougmcp 10-02-2009 11:06 AM

I wish I could use that for an excuse, it's 9:00 here and I've been up since 6:00.
Maybe I should quit typing and start thinking. :lhmo:

mikesmotortoys 10-02-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougmcp (Post 291522)
I wish I could use that for an excuse, it's 9:00 here and I've been up since 6:00.
Maybe I should quit typing and start thinking. :lhmo:

I was giving you a 3 hour 'warm up', but if you don't want to use it, then.......:roll:

:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

mikesmotortoys 10-02-2009 11:12 AM

BTW - I think the first time I ever heard of the earplug trick was from Hitman? If so, this is for you:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

We've used it many times since:wink:

hitmanharleyk 10-02-2009 06:33 PM

To me it seems to get the "buzzer" down to a tolerable level, but also a level that works if you need to hear them for diagnostic reasons.

txd 10-02-2009 11:05 PM

hmm, I just posted a similar topic. Hope to see some more test ideas on one of these posts