Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   FNKEY install on precedent (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=153498)

Hit it like a champ 06-02-2019 10:20 AM

FNKEY install on precedent

Ok I have been putting this off for a while now. I bought the alltrax FNKEY to pair with my xtc 500 controller my cart is a 2014 precedent the thing came with a 3 pin connector. Do I dust plug it in and use the tool kit to program the 3 key positions. I couldn’t find any videos on it. Any advice on installing it would be greatly appreciated.
Also i would like to make one of the key positions 10mph and have it set up maximum battery life.

NoleFan4Ever 06-02-2019 07:06 PM

Re: FNKEY install on precedent

Yes, it plugs into your controller. The you use your tool kit to set up what each position does. It may look intimidating, but it is not. Easy Peasy....

NoleFan4Ever 06-02-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ (Post 1620933)
-snip- Also i would like to make one of the key positions 10mph and have it set up maximum battery life.

No real way to set speed per se, it is the RPM's that you will set down to a maximum number. Like 2500 rpm's to start with and adjust from there.

Hit it like a champ 06-03-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1621121)
No real way to set speed per se, it is the RPM's that you will set down to a maximum number. Like 2500 rpm's to start with and adjust from there.

Could i turn down the amps and if i can should i turn down the armature or battery amps wouldn’t that save battery life.
Do i need to break the battery connection before installing.

NoleFan4Ever 06-03-2019 10:39 AM

You can and should turn down the amperage as if not, it is going to kick like a mule till it hits the designated RPM's.

No, you can go to Tow if you like but you are only plugging into the controller and not running any power supplies. The controller will actually supply the switch.

Hit it like a champ 06-03-2019 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this plate for it today. I guess i am ready to install. Does anyone know if I will loose my field map or will it pop up on all three settings and i change them each separately.

Sergio 06-04-2019 05:28 AM

The field map is not affected by the switch.

Just change the XCT500 from the default "Dual Switch" to "FNKS" and you can set the "Normal", "User 1" and "User 2" tabs to your liking.

Keep in mind if You do not need 3 separate modes for driving, you can make the "Normal" mode be a "Kill Switch" to disable the cart.

Hit it like a champ 06-12-2019 09:32 PM

I was thinking i would like a low speed lots of torque for towing setting. so if i keep the amps up and just lower the RPMs would. I still have the towing power.

NoleFan4Ever 06-12-2019 10:01 PM

Yes you would. Your RPM's on a Sepex refers to your speed.

Hit it like a champ 06-12-2019 10:35 PM

Great I have been looking for examples found 1. I know I’ve seen more on this site still searching. Thanks