Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Columbia ParCar (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   1989 parcar light kit problems HELP!! Please! (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=68144)

parcarnick 08-02-2012 12:13 PM

1989 parcar light kit problems HELP!! Please!

I am trying to install headlights and taillights on my 89 parcar. The kit i bought came with the harness. I attempted to hook it all up but the lights wont go on. I haven't connected the taillights could that be the problem? Also where the switch is for the lights there are 4 wire groups. two for the switch, and i'm not sure where the others go. one of them is a red wire and the other is white. The diagram says red goes to accesory power and white is ground. Where do i hook these too?? Also i don't have a converter i was attempting to hook it straight to the batteries but can figure out successfully use only two batteries as they are 6v each and i need 12v. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!!

Tech Support 08-06-2012 02:44 PM

Re: 1989 parcar light kit problems HELP!! Please!

what part number do you have for the light kit harness? To get 12volts, you just tap two of the six volt batteries in series.

parcarnick 08-07-2012 09:19 AM

Yea i just wasn't 100% sure how to do that. Can i put both the positives on one positive battery and the negative(ground) on the second battery? Will that work? I will try to find the part number. Thank you

Tech Support 08-07-2012 01:43 PM

Yes. Normally all the 48+ and 48- go on same battery post, and if you add a 12V you use the same + post and grab the negative just two batteries over. Really doesn't mattery which two you grab for the two, nothing is chassis grounded on the electric carts.

parcarnick 08-07-2012 08:32 PM

Ok i'll try that.

The second part of the question was about the red and white wires that are by the wires that connect to the switch. The red says accesory power and the white says ground where do i hook those up to?? Do they connect to the Key Switch?

parcarnick 08-09-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech Support (Post 759262)
what part number do you have for the light kit harness? To get 12volts, you just tap two of the six volt batteries in series.

When I got this kit, the headlights had a different harness than the taillights. Because i got it has one kit though i assumed that all i needed to do was use the one harness kit that came with the taillights. This harness has connections for the taillights, headlights and switch. The par number for that harness is 0862 from Chris Products. The headlights are Blazer part number c2062kw. Hope this helps in helping me. Thank you

parcarnick 08-09-2012 12:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Also i have hooked it up to the batteries but i get nothing....I think it has to do with the red and white wires that i previously mentioned. Either that or i may have blown a fuse. How do i figure out if i blew a fuse or not?? Here is picture of wire harness that i am using.

parcarnick 08-09-2012 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
additional pic of harness

parcarnick 08-14-2012 09:23 AM

PLEASE HELP ME!! any help is greatly appreciated.

Tech Support 08-14-2012 09:40 AM

the headlight source shouldn't matter and I wouldn't worry about their harness, other than perhaps if you need the connectors to connect to their headlamps. The wiring looks a bit confusing at first, but once you just take it a wire at a time should be fairly simple. Stick to only one wiring harness.