Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tempo Front Cowl & Trim on Precedent? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=153515)

carma1968 06-02-2019 07:12 PM

Tempo Front Cowl & Trim on Precedent?

I was wondering if anyone had any experience trying to put a Tempo front cowl and trim on a Precedent. I understand that the Tempo is built off of the Precedent body and frame. I have looked everywhere and have seen nothing on this topic. Thank you.

Htownblue 06-02-2019 09:34 PM

Re: Tempo Front Cowl & Trim on Precedent?

Will not work. The cowl on a standard Precedent does not dip down in the very front like the tempo. The cowl inserts into a channel that the black “bumper” creates and the stock precedent “bumper” does not dip down like the tempo stock “bumper”. You would have to get both the front cowl from the temp AND the front black “bumper” and retrofit them to the stock Precedent undercarriage body of the stock cowl.

hunter99 06-09-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Htownblue (Post 1621173)
Will not work. The cowl on a standard Precedent does not dip down in the very front like the tempo. The cowl inserts into a channel that the black “bumper” creates and the stock precedent “bumper” does not dip down like the tempo stock “bumper”. You would have to get both the front cowl from the temp AND the front black “bumper” and retrofit them to the stock Precedent undercarriage body of the stock cowl.

I have looked at the parts list. The main front undercarriage is the same. Just need the different parts to make it work. Good luck with that as Club Car will probably not sell it. Been trying to get the Onward front end for 2 years and have given up for now. They have my body color as an option but not able to order without a vin and. A very good reason along with pics of why.

Fairtax4me 06-09-2019 11:05 AM

That front flare trim piece on the precedent comes off once the body is off. There's maybe a dozen screws all together that you remove to pop off the body and that front trim and then you can change the whole front end out.

But like Hunter said, good luck getting it from club car. They put a lock on that stuff like they don't want people to know it's the same **** cart just with a different body on it.

TahoeDawgZ71 06-09-2019 10:10 PM

Those parts are on Lock-Down. Club Car won't sell them unless you're a registered Tempo or Onward owner and can prove that you're replacing damaged parts.

Htownblue 06-10-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1623838)
Those parts are on Lock-Down. Club Car won't sell them unless you're a registered Tempo or Onward owner and can prove that you're replacing damaged parts.

Seems like a market is available for the taking for anyone with a large injection molding machine and a 3D designed cowl that retrofits a stock CC Precedent.

Maybe I’ll dust off my injection molding machine off the garage shelf and start a design and manufacturing process. Might even become a site sponsor! :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:
I kid, but if there aren’t any legal obstacles, it could absolutely be done!

TahoeDawgZ71 06-10-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Htownblue (Post 1624207)
Seems like a market is available for the taking for anyone with a large injection molding machine and a 3D designed cowl that retrofits a stock CC Precedent.

Maybe I’ll dust off my injection molding machine off the garage shelf and start a design and manufacturing process. Might even become a site sponsor! :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:
I kid, but if there aren’t any legal obstacles, it could absolutely be done!

I'm sure it's a patented design.

ncstreetcar3406 08-26-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carma1968 (Post 1621124)
I was wondering if anyone had any experience trying to put a Tempo front cowl and trim on a Precedent. I understand that the Tempo is built off of the Precedent body and frame. I have looked everywhere and have seen nothing on this topic. Thank you.

I’m tempted to order it and risk having to dispute the charge https://www.walmart.com/ip/Replaceme...AINT/166615982

For my application it’s a no win. I would buy a new onward, but to make it street legal in NC for the beach I’m on I would have to trash the motor /controller to get to 25 mph required minimum speed, along with all the other compliance crap.

I want this darn cowl so bad on my cart I’ve contemplated buying an onward so I have a vin registered to me and then just reselling it

Seanpmoore077 09-29-2019 08:52 AM

I have 10 front tempo cowls for sale brand new. 828-7486550

DanielMv720 10-08-2020 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanpmoore077 (Post 1657297)
I have 10 front tempo cowls for sale brand new. 828-7486550

Still have the cowls?