Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Help 03 Series cart clicking but wont move after 15 min (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=53279)

Curtis629 08-22-2011 07:06 PM

Help 03 Series cart clicking but wont move after 15 min

O3 club car 48volt, was running ok but now after running about 15-20 minutes it stops. Once it cools down it runs again. New batteries, correct voltage, new cables, plum quick motor, stock everthing else. In the forward position I hear a click when the pedal is depressed, in reverse the buzzer and a click when the pedal is depressed but no movement. If I let it set for about 15 minutes it runs fine again for about 10-15 minutes and stops again. Same thing, I can hear the solenoid clicking but nothing till it cools down. The battery's have full power, it's just not turning the motor. All cables connections are tight and triple checked.

Any ideas?

shadowman 08-23-2011 07:17 AM

Re: Help 03 Series cart clicking but wont move after 15 min

stock controller going into thermal shutdown because of the motor.....upgrade controller........................................ ...8)

Curtis629 08-23-2011 10:56 PM

Would a stock replacement controller do the same thing? The plum quick motor was the entry version or the basic upgrade that is suppose to work with a stock controller. Do they just go bad sometimes?

shadowman 08-24-2011 07:14 AM

i,m guessing at the controller because if the cart is running fine and then just quits and after 10 or 15 minutes ( cool down ) it runs fine again theres nothing else that would cause this.............i have never heard of a motor doing this but who knows................but if its a stock 275 amp controller thats the 1st place i would look.......its not bad it just can,t handle what its being asked to do.......................................8)

Curtis629 08-24-2011 11:52 AM

Based on my minimal upgrades, what controller would you recommend? Amp or otherwise? The cart is a stock off the golf course and I don't plan to lift it or add larger diameter wheels. I just added fresh batteries, new cables and the plum quick purple motor for a bit more torque. Everything else is stock.

shadowman 08-24-2011 12:33 PM

minimum of 400 amp that should more than take care of it and any other upgrades if you ever do...................................8)

TahoeDawgZ71 08-24-2011 08:23 PM

A "Series" controller won't go into "Thermal Cutback" mode. That's only on the IQ system. a Series controller just goes into "Deep Fry" mode.. lol.... But yeah, that's probably your issue. The controller. It's probably partially shorted internally.

shadowman 08-24-2011 09:33 PM

david, thanks for that tid bit i wasn,t aware of that..........................8)