Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=109751)

jeff0181 08-20-2015 05:46 PM

Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

I have a 2004 48V DS electric Club Car (at least I think that is the year and model based on the serial number starting in AQ0422).

In foward golf cart will not move when fully charged. When pedal depressed hear a faint click but nothing else. Occasionally, in Fwd after the pedal is held down long enough there will be a faint whir but nothing else.

In reveres the golf cart will move about 10 feet after holding the pedal down for about 5 seconds and then die. After that still get the same faint click as when in forward.

Replaced batteries with brand new Duracell GC8 batteries 3 months ago. All batteries currently read approx 8.60 volts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

theboss20 08-20-2015 06:23 PM

Re: Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries

Try a couple of things...put the cart in tow mode...pump the gas pedal up and down about 20 times...flip back to run and see if it moves...if not read total battery pack voltage...set your meter on 400vdc and read from pack negative...located on the driver's side to pack positive located on the passengers side...then report back.

mrgolf 08-20-2015 07:58 PM

I may be jumping the gun, but I'm guessing the controller is bad.

jeff0181 08-20-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboss20 (Post 1190717)
Try a couple of things...put the cart in tow mode...pump the gas pedal up and down about 20 times...flip back to run and see if it moves...if not read total battery pack voltage...set your meter on 400vdc and read from pack negative...located on the driver's side to pack positive located on the passengers side...then report back.

Tried the pedal/tow mode with no success. Total battery pack voltage is 52.7.

TahoeDawgZ71 08-21-2015 12:03 PM

Jeff,

I'm thinking the motor or the controller is bad. The faint "click" you're hearing.... Do you hear it in forward and in reverse? Let me know. Grab a multimeter and report back to me. We'll take it from here and figure this thing out.

jjance 08-21-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Club Car won't run with fully charged batteries
Will it run with partially discharged batteries?

91kuhndog 08-21-2015 02:05 PM

I'm with MrGolf, that sounds like a controller... went through the same thing last summer on an EzGo project cart I bought....

jeff0181 08-21-2015 04:47 PM

After sitting overnight not on the charger the total for pack voltage is 51.7.

The clicking noise occurs both in Foward and Reverse and clicks when the pedal is depressed about 30-45 degrees.

In reverse only it will move about 5-10' and the stop. In order to get it to move in reverse those 5-10' the pedal has to be held down for about 5-10 seconds.

Waco 08-21-2015 05:10 PM

After just going through something similar Here are my first questions. Did you buy the golf cart in not running condition? Did the cart ever run for you? I found my problem was a loose connection on the motor. There are a lot of wiring connections on the controller. If you don't know what kind of care the cart has had. Maybe it set outside a lot and connections just get bad. I cleaned all of them I could find. I don't really know how to check the controller or the motor. Maybe someone else here can help with that. But I learned how to clean connections. LOL. I think you have to start with cables and wires because it is a cheap fix.

jjance 08-21-2015 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking your solenoid in not pulling in. Try this. Jack the rear wheels off the ground.(safety). On the solenoid there two large wires one on each large post. One post has a small wire. Remove the large wire from the post that doesn't have the small wire. Then connect it to the other large terminal. Disconnect battery when making connections. Or to make it easier jumper the two large solenoid terminals together with a large jumper like a battery jumper cable. Don't worry about the resistor. It's out of the circuit but put it back on after checking