Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cart will not move after installing new controller. (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=76501)

Grant Hendrix 02-24-2013 09:13 PM

Cart will not move after installing new controller.

I have a 2001 EZ GO cart that I have lifted and 22 inch tires on that I wanted to get more torque out of. Installed a new Alltrax 48400 EZ with a new F&R switch, resistor and diode. The cart would not move and was giving a Led code of a short circuit. Has anyone ever had this happen and what could cause this. The cart would run before installation.

camaroluvz28 02-25-2013 09:10 PM

Simply something to check are you sure you put the diode on the solenoid facing the right direction...the wrong way can cause cart not to run and often blows the micro switch under the peddle...

Grant Hendrix 02-25-2013 10:59 PM

Re: Cart will not move after installing new controller.

I will check that, the wiring diaghram does not explain the exact way that needs to be wired. Thanks for the response.

scottyb 02-26-2013 08:39 AM

The 48400 is an SPM control and comes with a great diagram in the mini-manual. Is the solenoid clicking when you try to go?
What is the LED code that the control is showing?

Grant Hendrix 02-26-2013 09:27 AM

Yea, in my talks with Alltrax they mentioned that they have a great diagram with the manual but it was not sent with my controller. The solenoid was clicking when the throttle was pressed down. According to the troubleshooting directions on Alltrax's website, I get 4 green blinks that recognize the type of throttle, then I get 1 green and 1 red which is a critical alarm short circuit. Do you have any ideas to what would cause this type of alarm.

scottyb 02-26-2013 09:49 AM

I have not gotten that code yet ...... have you removed the diode and retried it?

Was the cart running okay before the upgrade?

scottyb 02-26-2013 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know where you guys are getting your controls without install instruction!? :-P
Anyway here are 2 of the diagrams for Ezgo and CC.
Somebody may want to stickie this?

Grant Hendrix 02-26-2013 11:24 AM

No haven't tried the diode, sent the controller back to Alltrax per their request. Yes the cart was running before I started the change out it was just slow.

camaroluvz28 02-26-2013 03:34 PM

Hopefully controller will turn out tube issue...if solenoid was clicking problem was after the solenoid so diode prob wasn't issue, I have found with new hd f and r sometimes they are a little outta wack and can cause everything to act right but cart won't move

Grant Hendrix 02-26-2013 07:06 PM

I appreciate the information, I hope Alltrax has a problem on their end and can fix the problem.