Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing Supplies (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   New batteries (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=12924)

cashfive 02-17-2009 12:50 PM

New batteries

Looking to buy a new set of batteries for my ezgo. Boy, they are proud of batteries since I last purchased some. Anyone know of place to purchase at a lower price. Everywhere I call they want about $118.00 each for trojan t-105's:cry:

nelly1052 02-17-2009 02:06 PM

Re: New batteries

Trojans are good batteries but cant find them under $100. Sams has Energizer batteries for $77 8 volt and $71. for 6 volt. I got 6 of the 8 volt and they are fine for me. Trojans are a little heavier with more lead and probably hold charge a little longer but a lot more expensive. All depends on whats best for your budget.

craig tn 02-17-2009 10:27 PM

You will need to check local for the batteries as the shipping will cost half or more than half of the price of batteries.
You will need to post your location to get help from other carters that can give you where they may buy batteries.

mikesmotortoys 02-17-2009 10:34 PM

Forget price - If you are going to keep your cart, buy the Trojans. If you want to spend a little less that the $118.00, then ask your battery guy about the Trojan T-605's. They are about $10.00 cheaper per battery, and still better than any other on the market...

Sam's batteries are poor quality and will not last as long as a Trojan...

craig tn 02-17-2009 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys (Post 145769)
Forget price - If you are going to keep your cart, buy the Trojans. If you want to spend a little less that the $118.00, then ask your battery guy about the Trojan T-605's. They are about $10.00 cheaper per battery, and still better than any other on the market...

Sam's batteries are poor quality and will not last as long as a Trojan...

I'm with Mike on this, Trojans are the only way to go.

mikesmotortoys 02-17-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig tn (Post 145775)
I'm with Mike on this, Trojans are the only way to go.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

cashfive 02-18-2009 11:07 AM

I agree but they sure a proud of them. Thanks for the replies

gornoman 02-18-2009 11:10 AM

A Ferrari costs more than a Corvette, yet the Corvette can outperform the Ferrari. You get what you pay for.

highrollinmopars 02-19-2009 08:07 PM

Sams Club sells 6volt energizer batteries for $71 a battery one year warrenty I have bought several sets and have been very pleased with them so far. A set of six after taxes cost me right at $450.00

craig tn 02-19-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highrollinmopars (Post 146832)
Sams Club sells 6volt energizer batteries for $71 a battery one year warrenty I have bought several sets and have been very pleased with them so far. A set of six after taxes cost me right at $450.00

I bought a set 8 volts, 6 months later all were dead and would not take a charge. Put a set of 2 year old US Batterys in place that had not been charged in 3 months and they out performed the Sams batts when they were brand new and charged. All this after taking 2 hours to buy the batterys and then take cores back in to get core deposit back, all the while dealing with people that did not have a clue.