Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   my 272 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=75762)

cc272 02-06-2013 06:20 AM

my 272

3 Attachment(s)
I got this cart in poor running condition from a friend.......not a mechanically inclined friend if I might add........I used it rough running for the summer last year. Its been slow this winter , so I've pulled her into the shop and started a simple service......well......you know how that goes, lol a week of tinkering later and..........

Tune up - oil, air and fuel filters, oil, battery service, plug and a Carb cleaning

Roll bar built out of some 2x2 thin wall tubing I had laying around

Roof - repaired a cracked new Holland tractor fiber glass sun shade

Well went that far.....soooooo......rattle can vinal/plastic satin black paint

Moved rear tires to front and put a set of ag/bar tread tires on the rear

Added an LED stop/tail light to the rear

Will be adding a 4 wheeler winch to the roll bar to lift the bed.....redneck engineer here

Thanks for looking, this is an awesome site

Al

Buickguy 02-06-2013 07:18 AM

Re: my 272

Looking good.

4vertical 02-06-2013 05:12 PM

looks good. we love our 272!

ArmyVetSgtAdkins 02-06-2013 06:16 PM

Looks great!!

cc272 02-07-2013 06:38 AM

Doesn't seem to be a real popular model.....cost? Maybe? I'm really suprzed at what this thing is capable of, I move a 21 foot pontoon around with it off the front hitch. I'm not real happy with the belt life (but I've never had a brand new one on it either to be fair)

Any "speed it up" mods out there?

Thanks for looking......I put an LED tail with brake light in yesterday and pulled the e-brake cables off and have them soaking in oil, to hopefully free them up.......haven't sourced them but they look expensive lol. Pulled the drums while I was there and the brakes look and operate well.

Al

cc272 02-07-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4vertical (Post 835993)
looks good. we love our 272!

Do you have any pics with the Briggs in there....build thread or something? Big improvement over the stock motor?

cc272 02-08-2013 07:39 PM

Today I lengthened the accelerator linkage and played with the governor spring. She starts right off the top of the pedal now. I found the rev limitter and I'm just a little nervous about disabling it......of course I want to go faster but this Cary is a work horse and I can't afford to destroy it with a "dude check this out" lol

I did all this in maint mode as I have the rear tires off working on e-brake cables so I haven't road/load tested these adjustments yet.....so we will see.

Scott H. 02-08-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc272 (Post 836169)
I'm not real happy with the belt life (but I've never had a brand new one on it either to be fair)

Give this one a try:

http://www.cartpartsplus.com/severe-...rive-belt.html

Severe duty belts for Club Car DS Precedent also fits Carry All. Fits 91-2010. 9,11 and 13HP.

-Scott H.

4vertical 02-08-2013 09:24 PM

my briggs is in another cart. with the gearing and the backwards rotation of a newer cart the briggs would probably suck in it

cc272 02-10-2013 10:03 AM

Thank you Scott, have you used this belt? I don't have a dealer close to me other than a Yamaha cart place and they handle some ez go stuff......they told me cub cars especially the heavy duty ones.....turf, carry all and the service carts are their own animals.........I said yeah, your yammi while an expensive lift kit still isn't as tall as my CC

Note: I own A CC, I'm not cart brand specific ....lol .. I went to school with the guy that works there so ribbing is expected

Thanks again for the link

Al