Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Power Wise charger problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=27581)

dutdut1981 01-01-2010 06:22 PM

Power Wise charger problem

I have EZGO 36V with a power wise charger. My batteries have been going dead fast so I thought is was time to change them but after going dead today, I notaced the charger only stayed on for about an hour then cut off. What could cause that?:help:

rusty1 01-01-2010 07:56 PM

Re: Power Wise charger problem

i would bet on a bad battery check the voltage on each battery i bet you will find one that is in the 5v range you may have to load test them to see the drop on voltage

dutdut1981 01-01-2010 08:25 PM

Just load tested it and all is good. Last week I had a problem with the f/r switch and the reverse toggle switch is bad(haven't fixed it yet). Would that have anything to do with it?

rusty1 01-02-2010 08:16 AM

you can unhook the pack from the cart to check buy unhooking the pos and the neg that run to the away from the bat pack my next guess would be a bad board in the charger i would take it to a good cart shop to get them to check that

dutdut1981 01-02-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty1 (Post 333224)
you can unhook the pack from the cart to check buy unhooking the pos and the neg that run to the away from the bat pack my next guess would be a bad board in the charger i would take it to a good cart shop to get them to check that

please explain more, I didn't understand

rusty1 01-02-2010 11:03 PM

if you have a run tow switch put in tow mode then unhook the pos and neg cable from the battery pack to the motor and controller but leavee the ones to the charging port hooked up this will isolate the battery pack. if it charges fine then the problem is fruther down the line if it still cuts off it is probably a problem with the charger. we just have to narrow the problem down.

dutdut1981 01-02-2010 11:58 PM

Ok I did some more testing and I beleave its the bats. I charged it with a 12v charger two at a time but when I started riding it, it only ran for about 15 mins before it was dead. Going next week to get bats, I'll let you know how they work.:thumbup:

dutdut1981 01-06-2010 02:39 PM

After charging them overnight with a 12v charger two at a time, the batterys would show 6.36. but after riding for 10-15 min they show 6.12. Is this a battery problem or is there something draning the batterys. I checked the bats with a load tester and they seam good. Like I said before last week I had a problem with the f/r switch and the reverse toggle switch is bad(haven't fixed it yet). One of the thread sugested to unplug the orange wire from the toggle. Would running it like this cause the problem? I have Pacer bats from july 06

dutdut1981 01-07-2010 10:51 PM

Anyone, please help!

mikesmotortoys 01-07-2010 11:01 PM

Your batteries are toast!!!