Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   stall/quit?? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=91046)

fastbasser 03-06-2014 08:52 AM

stall/quit??

On 2 separate occasions in the last couple of weeks, my 2010 Precedent has "cut off" for a second while driving. In both instances, letting off the pedal and and stepping down again has "cleared" the issue. This last time I was running pretty good and the passenger was thrown forward for a second..

Any ideas what may be causing this?

It appears we also have an issue with the "in laws" cart. (a 96 Cub Car) The wife says it does't want to go unless you smash down on the pedal.

Any idea what can be causing this issue?

Thanks..:help:

PAPABEAR1 03-06-2014 09:30 AM

Re: stall/quit??

More info may help .....:thumbup:

Sergio 03-06-2014 09:39 AM

My 2010 precedent did that last year, my problem was a bad cell in a battery. The problem was triggered by placing a large load on the system, like accelerating from 0 to full speed going up a hill. I replaced the entire pack and it has been running great since then.
There are other things that can cause a similar symptom, like a bad MCOR, but that would happen at the same throttle position and not be related to the load applied to the batteries.

Stevegrmich 03-06-2014 09:56 AM

. . . the "infamous" solenoid drop-out?

jakesnake27 03-06-2014 02:58 PM

I think the solenoid dropout was mainly with first year (2002) IQ vehicles.
I would load test each battery while going up a hill and see if any of them drop considerably in voltage...

mymonstertruck 03-06-2014 04:17 PM

My cart did that yesterday twice, I thought maybe it's the cold weather. And it cut out on a flat road no hills involved. I just let off the gas and pressed it back down and it was fine. I'll have to load test my batteries if it continues to do it. And my voltage read 42.5 volt when the accelerator was under load is that about right ?

mymonstertruck 03-06-2014 04:19 PM

And both times I was driving on ice as well.

Sergio 03-06-2014 04:22 PM

Going up a hill WOT mine drops to about 46v. It is pretty hard to get a low reading on the battery as the controller shuts down very quickly when a battery drops, so you really need a meter with a hi/low function.

mymonstertruck 03-06-2014 04:26 PM

I was just going off my digital volt meter

mymonstertruck 03-06-2014 04:27 PM

It might have been 46.5 but I think it was 42.5 I just put that gauge on the cart this winter so I haven't really had time to drive with it.